Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 F-Pace 25T Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I just bought a couple weeks ago a 2019 25T Premium, white. I absolutely love the car!! Beside the cracked windshield that I just got (aarrgghh!!!! not even 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!) I'm thinking about making a few mods to it.

The first one being the rocker panels on each side. Mine are the OEM black plastic (on a white car) and I'm thinking about my options to get them white like the car. I think it makes a HUGE difference (Like the SVR...). What would be my best bet, wrapping them? Paint? I understand that it will not be a perfect match but can I get it close enough? Has anyone done it before?

Thank you guys!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hello all!

I just bought a couple weeks ago a 2019 25T Premium, white. I absolutely love the car!! Beside the cracked windshield that I just got (aarrgghh!!!! not even 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!) I'm thinking about making a few mods to it.

The first one being the rocker panels on each side. Mine are the OEM black plastic (on a white car) and I'm thinking about my options to get them white like the car. I think it makes a HUGE difference (Like the SVR...). What would be my best bet, wrapping them? Paint? I understand that it will not be a perfect match but can I get it close enough? Has anyone done it before?

Thank you guys!
Hey, yes I've done this. I took my prestige model and made it like an S. I painted the rockers a few years ago myself. Worked perfect, matched perfect.

·
Registered
2019 F-Pace 25T Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Red Rooster9 for your response. Interesting!!! So you've done it yourself? How did you do that so it looks good? You would recommend paint over wrap?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was worried my alter ego posted! I got a Fuji white 2019 about 2 months ago. It was a service car so it had about 10,000 miles. One of the wipers was skipping Soo I was happy to change it to some rain ex ones anyway. Once the old one was off and the arm was nice and upright a breeze or ghost or something snapped it back, substantially cracking the windshield. Hadn’t even made a payment on the car yet.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks Red Rooster9 for your response. Interesting!!! So you've done it yourself? How did you do that so it looks good? You would recommend paint over wrap?
I can't speak too much to wrap, except to say that any vehicle parts that I've had wrapped have worked out very well. I live in an area with snow and salt on the roads so durability is very important.
In terms of the plastics around the car (bumper, rear valance, diffuser and rockers) it's mostly "textured plastic " and some don't recommend painting or wrapping. I simply painted it the same as any automotive area, lots of prep and i like to use 2k clear (2 parts) so I can rectify any orange peal. I always detail (wet sand n compound) the paint after I've painted. Tbis makes an amateur jib look as good, if not better than the OEM paint. Having said that, the rockers are very low on the car, even on a difficult colour, like red, the lower area is much more forgiving than something higher on the car, like the bonnet etc.
Let me know if you go ahead and you need help with anything.
Tim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts