Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a handle on the 22" tires that will come on the 2018 F-Pace? I understand it will be the first 22" with all seasons, as the current 22" comes with summers only from Jaguar.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
It would say on the Vista, not sure if any of us that have existing MY18 orders in have gone the 22" upgrade. I went with the stock 19s. Let me glance through the order guide and see if it says.

Reactions: slojotaa

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Not in the guide. Although maybe by now the dealerships should know, so asking your SG always an option too.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I think the OP wanted to know what BRAND of AS tires are going to be standard. Or at least that was how I took it.

Reactions: slojotaa

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Wow! No more 340HP V6s unless you get the Portfolio! That must mean all non-Portfolio V6s will be 380HP. So the only available diesel in the US will be 3.0 liters? Or are diesels eliminated altogether (in US)?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Wow! No more 340HP V6s unless you get the Portfolio! That must mean all non-Portfolio V6s will be 380HP. So the only available diesel in the US will be 3.0 liters? Or are diesels eliminated altogether (in US)?
No, it just means the lowest trim level on the 20d and the 340hp gas is the premium. They eliminated the base F-Pace trim, so now only Premium, Prestige, (Portfolio), R-Sport.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pirello Scorpion all seasons - confirmed.
Got my 2018 last week :)
Thanks and appreciate the follow up. Good luck with the wheels, and can't wait to hear your review on the new model year.

appreciate your follow up!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Pirello Scorpion all seasons - confirmed.
Got my 2018 last week :)
That will make some people unhappy. They were hoping for PIRELLI Pzero's (just like the 2017's)so they can drive like they are on the track :D

Reactions: Trek and TLockhart

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think this talking more about trim levels than engines. Portfolio is new, entry level is eliminated (not sure why they specified diesel and 340HP V6 since you couldn't get the bigger V6 in the entry trim.) All else is still the same in terms of trim/engine options, but since this is a list of changes they didn't include all of them.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Wonder how these compare to the Conti ExtremeContact DWS06.

EDIT: The below link is pretty interesting. I've been happy with the Conti's in heavy rain/wet applications and looks like they should be great in the snowy stuff as well.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=201
Pirelli All-Season people aren't going to like this from the article:

Our official test of the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 confirms what we found during our introductory drive last season: this tire doesn't sacrifice any winter performance versus its predecessor and is still a leader among the few Ultra High Performance All-Season tires that can deliver reasonable snow traction. The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season followed at a level that was a noticeable step behind. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 is able to start and stop in the snow with adequate capability, but struggles somewhat during cornering/handling. Trailing the others by a noticeable margin was the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus, requiring just over 30' longer to stop our test car from just 25mph than the ExtremeContact DWS

The Conti is the best. They just don't have any curb protection for the wheels. I wonder if the Pirelli All-Seasons have that protection like the Pirelli Zero Summer tires do? Thirty feet longer to stop from just 25 mph? Holy Moly! No thanks.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
They just don't have any curb protection for the wheels. I wonder if the Pirelli All-Seasons have that protection like the Pirelli Zero Summer tires do?
Hey Trek !
I bet there's not a Tire on the market , that could offer enough *Curb Protection* for YOUR Wheels !!! >:)
No need to argue with me ! YOUR the one that posted photos of the EVIDENCE !!! ;)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
My MY17 came with Good Year All Season (not a fan) :(

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I don't agree that the 2017 S tires were bad. My PZero summers were perfect. I recently had them reinstalled. They are still perfect. Best tires for this car anywhere temps are above 40 degrees F.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody have a handle on the 22" tires that will come on the 2018 F-Pace? I understand it will be the first 22" with all seasons, as the current 22" comes with summers only from Jaguar.

Thanks

Yes, the 22" tires that came on my new 2018 were Continental.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts