Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I get the supply chain issues. I always go OEM with these things. I own a 1-month old 22 F-Pace SVR (sorry don't know the code for that model yet) and I am getting leery of traveling around with only 1 key fob. I refuse to valet or hand over my fob to anyone for any reason until I can get a backup. But I also drop stuff and forget things too.

I have one on order since the vehicle was purchased new but I can't even get an ETA which tells me it will likely be next year.

I am therefore, reluctantly, looking for non-OEM options. I would pay for the OEM replacement right now, even knowing I would end up with three eventually but I can't seem to get one.

What are the options for these vehicles? Surely someone has a programmer and there have to be units that communicate at the correct frequency, even if it looks like Ziggy from Quantum Leap. I mean, I am even keeping my daughter's '11 Kia Soul (that I recently "replaced") for the sole purpose of having a vehicle in case we lose one to accident or service/lack of parts. There are no rentals, loaners, etc. around here.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you bought the F-Pace new . . . I am surprised you didn't get 2 key fobs. I received 2 with my new F-Pace. Is Jag only giving one key fob now?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Do they still have the Activity Band available for the 21s. I actually have two, one that was ordered with the car, then lost, then another I ordered when we placed the order for my wife's F-Type. I normally use the watch, activity band as my key for the 21 SVR. If you can get one of them now, might be the best way to go to get a backup. Mine came in when I ordered it back in January in about 3 to 4 weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that is a possibility except I already have a watch. Would I have to wear it? Or just have it on me? And doesn't that require my one key fob to still be kept in the vehicle at all times? I would still need one to keep at home just in case.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Duhtrol,

The watch for 21 and later years is actually a key fob pretty much like the normal key fobs. You don't need a keyfob to use the watch and you only have to have it on you, in your pocket or perhaps a purse and it will work just like a regular key fob. I always use the car with just the watch. either on my wrist or in a pocket. I have a different band on the watch that folks pretty much completely flat and makes the watch much smaller and lighter than a normal key fob.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Duhtrol,

The watch for 21 and later years is actually a key fob pretty much like the normal key fobs. You don't need a keyfob to use the watch and you only have to have it on you, in your pocket or perhaps a purse and it will work just like a regular key fob. I always use the car with just the watch. either on my wrist or in a pocket. I have a different band on the watch that folks pretty much completely flat and makes the watch much smaller and lighter than a normal key fob.
I have never been able to get this watch to work for me, it doesn't "Stay Alive" long enough display wise, for me to get it to setup or change features. Very frustrating. I just threw it in a drawer...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK one more question - the dealer I ordered the wristband from says I need a module installed, but other places I have read say the activity key, at least the later versions are fully compatible with keyless entry. Which is true? I will certainly order the module if I need it but need to know.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
stbentoak,

I agree the display sucks and how you activate it sucks. I almost never use the watch display and commands to do things with the car. To be honest, I never even use the buttons on the regular fob. My FPaces, all three of them, had keyless entry, locking and unlock, so I have not had to use the buttons ever. Just need to have the watch or fobs with me to get those things to work.

To be honest, my hope is that Jaguar will support the iPhone and Apple Watch soon for access without the fobs or the jag watch. I'm not sure if that will be applied backwards to early model years though but I'm hoping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts