Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently building a Fpace at my local dealership (canada) and had it all ready to go when I got called last week from the dealership saying 22 inch rims were unavailable?! Has anyone else heard this? Now I'm thinking of building the f pace S with 20 inch rims but a little bit disappointed.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I am currently building a Fpace at my local dealership (canada) and had it all ready to go when I got called last week from the dealership saying 22 inch rims were unavailable?! Has anyone else heard this? Now I'm thinking of building the f pace S with 20 inch rims but a little bit disappointed.
It actually works out to your Advantage , as far as "Ride Quality" !!!
AND Cost !!! ;)

Reactions: Redjag and MTHM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the more I kind of re search looks like the 20 might be better for my climate here anyway....Was looking at your f pace!! Wow!! Thinking of getting the same rims you have!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Canada is a huge country, where are you located?

22" looks great
20" Sweet spot, great ride AND handling. There are many posts to support this on the forum :)

Reactions: Redjag

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Yes the more I kind of re search looks like the 20 might be better for my climate here anyway....Was looking at your f pace!! Wow!! Thinking of getting the same rims you have!!
I'm sure that there are some who will post on here to tell you that there are WAY MORE IMPORTANT Members to *SHMOOZE ON* in this Forum , besides little ol' *GR* , but THANKS none the less !!! ;)
And YES , me thinks my RIMS are the BESTEST !!! >:)
But then again , that's what everybody thinks about there own rims on this Forum !!! :)

Reactions: klho001

·
Registered
589 Posts
... 22 inch rims were unavailable?!
While I was researching my F-Pace the shop guy (a Jag enthusiast) mentioned in "downsides" that the 22" wheels might have additional mechanical issues over and above the usual fixes for the klunks and bumps suspension and body panel items. Wonder if Jag is taking them off the options list?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I'm not to sure. I asked if it was just the style of 22 that are no longer available that I picked and they said it was all 22's.

·
Registered
96 Posts
And YES , me thinks my RIMS are the BESTEST !!! >:)
But then again , that's what everybody thinks about there own rims on this Forum !!! :)
No question 20" Blades are the baddest a$$ rims for the F pace. Sure everyone's entitled to their own opinions, just that mines right :D

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
22's are Nice.
Hey OneTwo , I see you opted for the "Space TAKER Spare" , instead of the "Space Saver Spare" !!! ;)

Yours Rims are a Little Too Busy !!! Me thinks *4* too many Spokes !!! :)

P.S. Just goofing around with ya , yours are almost as *AWESOME* as mine !!! >:)

Reactions: OneTwo

·
Registered
115 Posts
I ordered the 20 inch venoms for a prestige and was told last month they were unavailable, so what is happening with Jaguar and rims? I pulled my order until they can get to the bottom of this. I was told The venoms would be available again in February so now I get a 2o18, but I've decided to go with the S model now. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I couldn't pass on $400 bucks for a full size rubber with Rim. Its Curb Rash protection. :)
Dang !!! Come to think of it , that is a GREAT Deal for a *22" Wheel & Tire* !!! Smart Move !!!
I bet Trek would have got one , had he thought of that "curb rash protection" theory !!! ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
For the **** of it i went and built a FP on the jag site and 22"s were available but only on the R and S. Not sure if thats how its always been but 22" are still an option here in the US on some models anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like my 22" wheels, and I'm glad (so far) I spent the money on the upgrade, as it changes the look of the vehicle.

For winter, I bought the ultra-high performance all-season Continental DWS for $263 a tire (a reasonable price) and have been pleased thus far. It's supposed to snow 4" tonight so I'll go out to play, as I've only driven on ice thus far.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
22's are Nice.
I think this is the best looking 22" wheel Jag offers on the F-pace. Its surprising they dont offer them on the S trim level.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the 22" rims and I don't regret that choice... I mean, probably it doesn't quite qualify as "regret." But I would probably get the 20" rims if I had it to do over.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The wife picked almost every other option on the car. But I vetoed her choice of wheels. I chose the 22's and even she thought it looked better. I mean the concept vehicle had 23's and we all mostly liked them so why not...of course we are in a climate that we can use the rubber that comes on them standard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts