Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run 285/45R22 tires on my 2017 Jaguar f-pace. Does any one know what wheel specifications (width and offset numbers and all of that technical stuff) that will allow me to do so with out any rubbing or scraping? Chrome wheels

Please and thank you.
Mr.Miguel

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Welcome. Start by looking in the Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension forum. Might find what you're looking for there. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
You can also try this

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Mr Miguel, sorry I missed your post 8 days ago, but I have a few posts out here suggesting wheel setups with the F-Pace. I did a ton of research before I purchased my Ace Alloy Convex (AFF05) wheels in 22x10.5 ET35 and shod them with 285/35/22 tires. I can tell you that running 285/45s will be tight on the front depending on what wheels you are running. And the clearance issues are not going to be fender problems for the most part it's going to be clearing the top of the spindle on the inside of the tire.

I haven't done the calc with your setup but with mine on those wide rims the 285/35 only clears the top of the spindle by millimeters, probably around 5. Keep in mind with the 10.5 rims I'm pushing the rim in as far as I can with the ET 35 setup. The rim itself is only 5mm from the spindle.

You really are going to have to test fit that setup to be sure. You might get away with it if you are running an offset of 30 or lower on a 9.5 or 10 inch rim, but it's going to be seriously close.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. that was alot of useful and helpful information. Thank you.

Because these are the 22" tires I would like to run and think that the 22" would look better than the 20" but I am concerned about the fit with out any rubbing considering the cost.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
MrMiguel,

So to be specific on sizes, the tires you noted above, are 32 inches tall and the 285/35s on my f-pace now are 30 inches tall when new. That means you have a full inch less of clearance in the radius of the tire on the front. I'm thinking that may be too much, so my recommendation is that you will need to test fit these on your rims to be sure. I don't see what rim you are putting these on either. Are you putting them on the Double Helix 22 rims, which are 22x9 ET45. if so, I really think they are going to hit the spindle but the only way you would know would be to test fit them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am running 285/45/20 on my F Pace S all the way around with zero issues. I am running 20" but seeing that you want to run 22" you are even better off as the front struts angle in so with 22" tires you are even farther away from the strut. I am running 20x9's as well. You will be fine.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
m5153. Will all due respect, I don't think you are correct. I can tell you I did tons of research and measuring on my F-Paces before mounting the 22 x 10.5 rims at ET35. I know no higher ET at that rim width will work on an F-pace. I also really wanted to run 285/45/22 tires (to close the fender to tire gap) but measuring them it was clear they wouldn't fit. . Your 285/45/20 setup works because you are on 20 inch rims. That 285/45/20 tire is 30.1 inches tall, same height as my 285/35/22s. That is why your setup works. A 285/45/22 tire is much taller, 2 full inches which ends up adding an inch more tire between the hub center and spindle and/or fenders.

I really think it will totally depend on the rims that Mr. Miguel wants to run on whether this will work or not. Two things. With that full inch, any rim Offset that is close to the inside spec of my rims (ET 35 or higher) will certainly hit the spindle as it arches over the tire at the top. Any rim offset (lower offset number) that pushes that rim/tire out to clear the spindle will then possible have clearance issues with the fenders while turning the wheel, although I see that as a much lower possibility than hitting the spindle. This is why I asked for specific Rim specs. With those I could tell him what his possible challenges will be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I understand all the research you did especially with running that wide of a rim on the 4 corners. You are right that without knowing the specification of the rims that he plans to use, this is all speculation at this point. I bet yours looks really stout with 10.5s and ET35 offset all the way around. I would love the 22s but with the road conditions here in Michigan, it is a risk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all, for all of the feedback and information, it all helps. When I talked to a guy at a known tire shop here in Spokane Washington he said it would be a close fit and gave me a lot of numbers to think of when choosing the wheels (rims). Since it was a lot of information and he was talking fast and there were other people who need service behind me I didn't want to take up to much of his time explaining so I asked if he could right it down and this is what he wrote. (See attached photo)

He said I would need to do a lot of homework and looking around for the wheels that I want to use; however, I don't know what his notes mean (I don't know much about vehicle mechanics and there workings). So when I left the store I was still lost as to what I need to be looking for or at specifically when choosing wheels (rims) that would allow me to run the 285/45R22 (that I feel would give my F-pace the look that I would like) without any scraping or rubbing of the tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I were you I would ask PA-FPace-F to help you out offline with your rim/tire selection. I say that because he is running 10.5" wide rims all the way around and that too a lot of research to get that fitment to work properly. Do not go off of information on the wheel sites that have you type in your Make/Model/Year etc as many of these sites only will show fitments identical to the stock fitment or worse off they will show a fitment that doesn't fit or doesn't even exist in that rim type. Just take your time and ask many questions. Like I said PA-FPACE-F has already went through this learning curve.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Mr. Miguel,

I'll be honest with you, I think it's going to be very very hard to get this size tire on the F-Pace. I can tell you that with my setup I can't even get my index finger between the spindle bottom and the top of my tire on the front of the f-pace. There simply isn't room. My fingers measure about 18mm high palm to nail top. As you can see from the below image from willtheyfit.com comparing my 22x10.5 ET35 285/35/22 setup to a theoretical setup with your 285/45/22 on imaginary rims 22x9 ET 25 (pushing them away from the spindle), the setup still comes in over the top of my setup on the inside by the ride height gain of 28.5mm (note the 285.45.22 tires are actually 57mm taller than my 285/35/22s so right height gain is half of that and the tire to fender/spindle gain is the other half. It's possible this setup on a 22x9 ET 25 rim might fit, but the only way to know would be to try and test fit it.

I think the note from the tire guy, says that your stock F-Pace wheels are 22x9 ET 40. Which is what I expected as that is a standard 22 rim size. The second image below assumes those would be the wheels you would want to use. In that scenario you can see that the tire tread on your setup and mine, both 285 cross sections, sit at nearly the same place side to side, but yours are 28.5 higher. My guess is that means you will be about 10mm to 15mm too tall to fit under the spindle.

The only way to know for sure would be to test fit the tire on the rim and try it, but I really think the tire setup won't fit.

So you know, I really wanted 285/45/22 tires on my F-pace as well so that I could eliminate the fender gap between the tire and the top of the fenders, but all my calcualations said it wouldn't work on my 10.5 rim. . So I stayed with the 285/35/22 setup. If we could find 285/40/22 tires it might work, since they would only be 14.25mm decrease in clearance. I was thinking about ordering a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s to try with that setup, but I haven't done it yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts