Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a '21 MY know of a solution to permanently disable Auto Stop/Start? Took delivery of an SVR today and tech at the dealership wasn't aware of any methods, and wasn't really willing to investigate either. I realize there are some solutions involving the fuse box on prior gen F-Paces, but I assume the new electrical architecture will make those methods obsolete. Frustrating to turn it off via the soft button every time I start the vehicle...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually decided to let auto stop/start work on its own, and so far it actually hasn't initiated an auto stop in normal driving (50+ miles driven so far). I've kept the mode mostly in comfort too, and done stop and go driving, and it seems to want to stay running. Perhaps they've tuned the SVR to have a very high threshold to actually initiate an auto stop? I've been pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've found it switches off the motor at every short stop, then a delay and jerk as it restarts... Feels bad and can't be good for the starter/battery/motor....
I switching it off everytime.... I'd love to disable it!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've found it switches off the motor at every short stop, then a delay and jerk as it restarts... Feels bad and can't be good for the starter/battery/motor....
I switching it off everytime.... I'd love to disable it!!
hmm, that's odd that we've had such a different experience with it. perhaps a difference in software for Euro and US-spec vehicles related to your tighter emissions regulations?

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
100 Posts
I actually decided to let auto stop/start work on its own, and so far it actually hasn't initiated an auto stop in normal driving (50+ miles driven so far). I've kept the mode mostly in comfort too, and done stop and go driving, and it seems to want to stay running. Perhaps they've tuned the SVR to have a very high threshold to actually initiate an auto stop? I've been pleasantly surprised.
This is my experience also. I think in the 400 miles I have on mine, it’s maybe shut off twice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 2021 P340 and it shuts off pretty much every time I stop. While still stopped it jerks to a start then shuts off again. I’m thinking having the air on might be causing it to jerk to a start even though I’m still stopped. If I could permanently disable it I would. I did find that if you use just enough brake pedal pressure to hold the car stopped it seems to stay running. I’ve had cars with the start/stop before and none were as jerky as this one. It wouldn’t be so bad to shut it off manually if I could do it right after I start up rather than wait the 90 seconds for the Pivi Pro to boot up.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
On the 2021's is there not a physical button like earlier models, you can disengage right after startup? You have to do it thru Pivi Pro?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That’s pitiful, could you add it to the main screen, like on the side at startup?
Did they add remote start to your fob? If not,that’s pitiful,too....

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have a 2021 SVR and are getting into the habit of pushing the "Setting" button and then the "Start/Stop" button on the Pivi Pro every time we start the car.
I made the Apple CarPlay wireless so now we don't need to plug in our phones when we get in the vehicle so we use that time to turn off the Start/Stop feature instead.
I wish there was a way to disable the Start/Stop and save even more time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just thinking out loud.. since the auto stop/start disable is a "soft" button in Pivi Pro, I am almost certain that it could be mapped to the diamond favorites button on the steering wheel, if Jaguar programmed it as an option. That would be a tremendously easy way to activate/deactivate it. I wonder if there is a way to make such a request with Jaguar software team? Anyone know how to do that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just thinking out loud.. since the auto stop/start disable is a "soft" button in Pivi Pro, I am almost certain that it could be mapped to the diamond favorites button on the steering wheel, if Jaguar programmed it as an option. That would be a tremendously easy way to activate/deactivate it. I wonder if there is a way to make such a request with Jaguar software team? Anyone know how to do that?
There's a couple threads running about auto stop/start, but I reached out to Jaguar (via Instagram actually - JaguarSV account). They sent my request to the tech team and said they would plan to integrate my request into additional functionality/options for the diamond/favorite button. BUT they gave me an ETA of February, 2022. So, not exactly a timely fix. But hopefully we have a good option to toggle with a simple click of the steering wheel button in the future. Perhaps if more people contact them it can bump up the timeline for a software update to support this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I liked your suggestion of reaching out to Jaguar SV on Instagram. I did and requested they make it so the “Favorite” could turn on/off the Auto “Start/Stop” function. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone with a '21 MY know of a solution to permanently disable Auto Stop/Start? Took delivery of an SVR today and tech at the dealership wasn't aware of any methods, and wasn't really willing to investigate either. I realize there are some solutions involving the fuse box on prior gen F-Paces, but I assume the new electrical architecture will make those methods obsolete. Frustrating to turn it off via the soft button every time I start the vehicle...
I Agree!! It’s very frustrating and the only thing I don’t like about my 2021 E Pace. At the slightest stop the engine turns off, then cranks back up and jerks you forward. I asked the dealership but they weren’t much help. Glad it’s a good looking car because that feature is just stupid, LOL!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts