Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Jaguar F-Pace P400
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The activity key I got with my F-Pace has a Land Rover logo instead of Jaguar... odd. Maybe there is a setting somewhere I need to find.

·
Registered
21 Jaguar F-Pace P400
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't do any setup, worked out of the box and already had a near full charge (not sure if the dealership did anything to it). You touch the screen for it to come on and then swipe up through each screen. I think there is four screens with options such as lock, unlock, etc. It works just as well as the keyfob does.

The resolution of the display is not that great, but is good enough to display what you need.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Interesting, it has a screen as well. My 2017 and 2019 Activity Keys were identical and did not have a screen. What info do you get on the screen?

·
Registered
21 Jaguar F-Pace P400
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, it has a screen as well. My 2017 and 2019 Activity Keys were identical and did not have a screen. What info do you get on the screen?
Home Screen: Clock and Land Rover Logo
Screen 1: Lock and unlock icons
Screen 2: Rear hatch icon
Screen 3: Hazard triangle icon
Screen 4: Water drop icon (Seems to lock the screen requiring you to do four long presses in a row to unlock it)
Screen 5: Settings icon (Set the clock and view the software version)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
So the new key has some newer features and seemingly works different. With the old key you could only unlock the rear hatch with a procedure of pressing the hatch open button on the hatch, then putting the activity key on the J on the Jaguar name on the rear hatch. Seems like all that is gone and you can use the key now to unlock the doors or the hatch. I'm guessing it requires a battery now though right?

·
Registered
21 Jaguar F-Pace P400
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You charge it with the included USB charging cable. Their documentation notes: "Activity Key can be charged in approximately two hours, providing up to ten days of battery life "

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
When my 21 finally comes in and I upgrade from the 19, it will be nice to pick up those features.

Reactions: Newfound

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
You can't send attachments in a PM but you could either post the attachment here in the thread by just clicking on the paper clip in the reply or if you prefer PM @Newfound and post the instructions with a link to some cloud storage site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can't send attachments in a PM but you could either post the attachment here in the thread by just clicking on the paper clip in the reply or if you prefer PM @Newfound and post the instructions with a link to some cloud storage site.
I was able to send the PDF attachment to the original poster via private message. They have since confirmed the process worked and has a correctly branded key now. Thanks everyone for your guidance with the forum. New to the forum, but not to Jags.:geek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The retailer should have noticed that before handover, but this was most likely a faster route to resolution for you than going back to them. Glad it's resolved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So the new key has some newer features and seemingly works different. With the old key you could only unlock the rear hatch with a procedure of pressing the hatch open button on the hatch, then putting the activity key on the J on the Jaguar name on the rear hatch. Seems like all that is gone and you can use the key now to unlock the doors or the hatch. I'm guessing it requires a battery now though right?
You can also use the new Activity key for passive entry and to start the engine. It contains all of the functions of the normal key except the ability to flash the headlamps. Backup start is also included. So whilst it does need to have power to gain entry to the vehicle, you can start it without power. The advantage here is you can take your mechanical key blade and new Activity key and it will give you all the functionality of your "normal" key.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts