Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With ECO and auto-start enabled, I regularly get 30 MPG in the standstill LA traffic. As an example, last week it took me 2:45 to drive about 29 miles, from Manhattan Beach to Burbank in the evening rush hour.

When I do get on the freeway for trips to the outlying areas in Ventura, I get 42-45 MPG easily. Once I got home and the round trip to Moorpark and back on open freeway I got 52 MPG.

I got the diesel just for the mileage. In that respect, I’m pretty happy so far.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Once I got 52 MPG.
*DREAM ON , DREAM ON , DREAM ON , DREAM until your DREAMS come true*!!!>:)
One of Steven Tyler's FINEST Works !!!;)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Using winter diesel and at anywhere from -10 to 25 deg F locally, our worst mileage has been about 28 MPG. In the Summer with normal temps and summer fuel MPG's in the mid 40's are reasonable and not uncommon. While I have dogged this vehicle for things it doesn't have and things that don't work to expectation, I WILL say the mileage is one expected feature that has met or exceeded or expectations....

If it had a 25 gal tank it would be an awesome road tripping vehicle... Very happy with this aspect of FP....

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
357 Posts
I spend my days sitting in lovely DC-area traffic (9 miles, 90 minutes type-of-stuff), and routinely get 28-30MPG in regular mode. I always forget about Eco mode until I read something that @GRVR has posted about it. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
And some people still question why anyone in North America would buy a diesel... Those are great mileage numbers.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good that you're getting those numbers, but I would go insane with that kind of traffic!

My 10 mile commute takes 15 minutes.

Kerry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Another +1 from a 20d owner - I agonized over the decision a lot as the emotional side of me wanted the power, but the realistic side wanted the practicality - and realistically, what's this going to be used for? (road trips)

The thing that sealed it for me, as someone has already mentioned, is the small tank regardless of engine. So 15 gals at 19mpg is 285 between stops. When I took delivery of my 20d, it came with a full tank, and the range on start said '445' - the sales consultant laughed out loud (he's got an XF) and said "I wished!"

The 20d has good grunt off the line, and for maneuvering around traffic, it's pretty quick (I didn't say fast). On the highway, it's fine - passing in it was like passing in a Subaru I had before, or even the Touraeg TDI - plan ahead.

I live on a mountain road, and handling is important - FP has that in spades. I got adaptive dynamics (hard to say if it's worth it), but with AD on and the gearbox in "S" - the handling and pace (?) of this thing is quite astonishing even with the 20d.

I average 31.5 mixed in San Francisco bay area traffic - commuting to/from Half Moon Bay(ish) up and over a mountain pass each way - not crushing stop-and-go like LA, but I couldn't be happier with the choice.

Now, if the 3L twin-turbo diesel were here - I probably would have made a different decision. ;-)

·
Registered
226 Posts
My mileage is between 30 and 33 most of the time. Either in stop and go Houston traffic or the 80 mph Texas freeways. Have never gone beyond 35

·
Registered
20 Posts
I average in the upper 30 to about 40 MPG for most of my driving, When I am really on it, I get in the upper 20's. The best I have ever gotten was 49.2 MPG. Very impressed with the numbers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I wonder if the 25d engine gets such good diesel economy. I also wonder if Jaguar will ever ship the 25d engine to North America. The horsepower of the 25d is almost as high as that of the 25t, and the torque is higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts