Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 f-pace 20d
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, have had 2019 (30000 miles) 20d for about three weeks now and while driving down the highway it went into limp mode. Was able to pull off to the side shoulder where it immediately died. It would crank but not fire. About 30 minutes later tried again and it did fire, limp mode again and was able to drive forward about 30 feet then died again.

i was at about 14% fuel with i believe 40 to 60 miles until empty. Could it be a faulty fuel gauge. Its at the dealership now, but will take them a few days to get to it.
No other known issues before this, did put in 2.5 gallons of def fluid about a week and a half ago.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Right off the top I’d say you ran it dry, did you try putting 5 gal in and restarting? No codes or cel lights?
You potentially could have a plugged DPF also for some dumb reason. Report back here with what they tell you and how fixed please?

·
Registered
2019 f-pace 20d
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The issue was run dry. The service guy did state the gauges are not the most accurate and highly recommended not getting below 100 miles to empty. The did need to clean a filter and also replaced a fuel rail sensor i believe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts