Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F-Pace S Cesium Blue
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else with a 2022 SVR notice they do not have the "bend" headlight feature anymore? When checking for this in the digital iGuide it does not even list this but for the 2021 year it does

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Steve, I'm pretty sure you have the standard headlights, the Pixel LED is specific to Europe and not available for NA. It's also directionally animated. Quite unfortunate that North American cars can't option this.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
2020 F-Pace S Cesium Blue
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Steve, I'm pretty sure you have the standard headlights, the Pixel LED is specific to Europe and not available for NA. It's also directionally animated. Quite unfortunate that North American cars can't option this.
View attachment 74447
Interesting…. The 2021 has bend lighting though with the same set up. My dealer has no clue and no desire to find out.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
114 Posts
What is bend lighting? Is that when the lighting moves with the wheel? If so I’ve not noticed my 21 SVR doing this. It was obvious on the SRT jeep I traded for this

·
Registered
216 Posts
The pre face lift had the bendy headlights as standard as you turned at slow speeds it would light the side of the road up . The standard 21 lights don’t do this they just have auto high beam assist . You need to opt for the pixel ones now at extra cost to get this .

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
And just to be clear the Pixel lights weren't available in the US at all as my 21 did not come with them and I pretty much fully loaded it with options? I'm wondering if an upgrade would be warranted for the headlight improvements. Simply order the Pixel Headlight's from a UK Parts warehouse. I'm wondering if that is simply a swamp out for the US headlights and the connectors are the same. I know someone a few years ago who ordered the headlights from the UK just to get the clear signals and that swap was a bolt in option. I believe the Pixel's are enough of an improvement to at least price out that option and look into it. Any one do that in the US at his point or anywhere else?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd consider the upgrade as well although I doubt it would be cheap? $1,500 - $2,500, more? I would also bet there is software needed to make it do all the fancy stuff which may be tied to a VIN so that could be a problem. This is going to be a hard upgrade as we need somebody on the inside with access to all the dealer tools as well as $$$$'s to even try it out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve heard that spastics headlight are going to be legal in the us starting 2023.

remains to be seen which companies will activate them. I’m not holding my breath for JLR. But perhaps cars with pixel headlights can get them activated in a year or two.

·
Registered
23 Posts
got to drive an f-pace with the regular led headlights and compare to the 4 projector pixel

it's not just the adaptive high beam that you gain from the pixel headlight, the actual beam pattern itself in low beam is significantly wider and brighter, especially towards left and right edges

the standard led headlight is a rather narrow beam and the drop off on the drivers side would need adjusting upwards straight away, if you weren't sitting so high up it'd be unsafe in the factory level

the pixel has a very weird looking cutoff, up against a wall it highlights the fact the assembly is made up of 4 individual projectors. you can see it on the road as multiple hot spots - it's not a clean sharp straight line cut off like a single projector setup

have a look here at - time stamped

edit - you can see the hot spots here at 29-30 seconds

1 - 9 of 9 Posts