Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a problem with playback in our 2022 F-Pace SVR.
Listen to a lot of long DJ mixes in uncompressed AIFF format - files are frequently 2-3gb/2-4h long.

Same USB key with the same files/sizes played without any issues in our 2021 SVR.

As soon as we upgraded to the 2022 SVR and new entertainment system, without fail during playback, the entertainment system will freeze, lock for about 30 secs, and then jump to the next file.

Length before error is fixed per track (ie: Mix number 5 will always crash out at 26:45 mins into the file), but each file crashes out at a different time (ie: Mix number 1 crashes out at 10:26).

Files have been confirmed error free and play back fine on multiple other devices.

Have tested with 3 different USB keys and get the same error on large file playback.
(All USB keys are 128gb USB 3.1 Gen 1 with no disk errors).
(Both had the Meridian Surround upgrade).

Point being, I don't think it's a hardware issue at all...
Def wasn't an issue in our 2021 SVR (same files, same memory keys).

Wondering if there's a buffer issue in the playback system that wasn't tested properly for giant audio files?

Anyone else having a similar problem or able to replicate it trying to playback large media files?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got a problem with playback in our 2022 F-Pace SVR.
Listen to a lot of long DJ mixes in uncompressed AIFF format - files are frequently 2-3gb/2-4h long.

Same USB key with the same files/sizes played without any issues in our 2021 SVR.

As soon as we upgraded to the 2022 SVR and new entertainment system, without fail during playback, the entertainment system will freeze, lock for about 30 secs, and then jump to the next file.

Length before error is fixed per track (ie: Mix number 5 will always crash out at 26:45 mins into the file), but each file crashes out at a different time (ie: Mix number 1 crashes out at 10:26).

Files have been confirmed error free and play back fine on multiple other devices.

Have tested with 3 different USB keys and get the same error on large file playback.
(All USB keys are 128gb USB 3.1 Gen 1 with no disk errors).
(Both had the Meridian Surround upgrade).

Point being, I don't think it's a hardware issue at all...
Def wasn't an issue in our 2021 SVR (same files, same memory keys).

Wondering if there's a buffer issue in the playback system that wasn't tested properly for giant audio files?

Anyone else having a similar problem or able to replicate it trying to playback large media files?

Have you checked which format the USB drive is in or was? exFAT works best with larger files and external systems. Maybe the newer system likes NTFS, exFat or one of the others. I would experiment with this. Easy fix if that is the case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will it play over Android Auto or Car Play?
Plays fine over CarPlay - but that's because it's just streaming from device, not reading and decoding file.

Have you checked which format the USB drive is in or was? exFAT works best with larger files and external systems. Maybe the newer system likes NTFS, exFat or one of the others. I would experiment with this. Easy fix if that is the case.
They were initially FAT but I reformatted to exFAT and they'll still crash out on the same AIFF files at exactly the same place.

Did more digging, and it's reproducible across a number of the AIFF mixes, across memory keys.

Only solution so far has been to convert them to FLAC or OGG instead of AIFF.

Still thinking there's a bug in the AIFF codecs...

Wish there was some way to report this officially so they could get to the bottom of what's happening - it's really a bummer not to be able to go for long drives and sink into the highest quality mixes without them choking out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts