Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
More of a rant than anything else….

a few months ago, we “bumped” into a pheasant, merrily sending him on his way. Upon returning home, we found that the front growler badge was missing and the radar sensor half popped out of its surround.

after much jiggling and smacking, I got the radar sensor seated back in position, as there’s no way of getting to it from the rear without removing the entire front clip. But now, I’m without a badge, presumably the pheasant is wearing it like someone out of run DMC.

anyway, back to the point. I contacted the dealer about a replacement badge and nearly fell off my seat when they quoted £370!! Just for the plastic badge, not the sensor, not the surround, literally just the plastic part. They gave some BS about it containing a sensor, when it is literally just the plastic cap.

so now I’m badgeless as refuse to pay Jaguar for a piece of plastic held on by 3 flimsy clips. So currently on the hunt for some replacement - hoping that at some point someone decides to release an aftermarket version that fits.

so a word of warning to all you new f-pace owners, don't go losing your badge, or hitting pheasants (or any animal likely to steal your badge)

anyway. Rant over.
GGGGGGRRRRR (owler)

· Registered
19 Posts
is the grill clean behind it? post a pic of how it looks if you can, I just got an 18' FPS and I was going to eventually debadge that demon cat and other emblems as it's not my style and I actually would have preferred the Jaguar ornament but i'm not sure if it will leave an ugly hole.. I remember seeing a video of a guy counting all the places Jaguar put their name/logo it's really over the top

assuming there isn't actually a sensor in it and the grill is clean I'd be willing to let it go for less than that, dm if interested

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the grill has a gap in the place where the badge / surround is as it houses the radar sensor. It’s a 3” block (approx) which sits in the black surround. The badge basically covers the sensor. If you were to de-badge completely, you’d have a big hole.

· Registered
19 Posts
ah yea you're right mine is molded into it too so I will have to just blank it or replace it with something else, my grille is also a different style and I don't have the sensor above or behind it (or the deep dish setting) but either way if it's only the medallion/badge part that is missing they look to be the same, what did yours measure to? do I unscrew it from behind the grille or does it pop out?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If yours is the older style, they are not the same. Mine measures 85mm and clips in with 3 clips into the surround.

im not sure how the old ones fasten, but they are completely different badges.

· Registered
4 Posts
More of a rant than anything else….

a few months ago, we “bumped” into a pheasant, merrily sending him on his way. Upon returning home, we found that the front growler badge was missing and the radar sensor half popped out of its surround.

after much jiggling and smacking, I got the radar sensor seated back in position, as there’s no way of getting to it from the rear without removing the entire front clip. But now, I’m without a badge, presumably the pheasant is wearing it like someone out of run DMC.

anyway, back to the point. I contacted the dealer about a replacement badge and nearly fell off my seat when they quoted £370!! Just for the plastic badge, not the sensor, not the surround, literally just the plastic part. They gave some BS about it containing a sensor, when it is literally just the plastic cap.

so now I’m badgeless as refuse to pay Jaguar for a piece of plastic held on by 3 flimsy clips. So currently on the hunt for some replacement - hoping that at some point someone decides to release an aftermarket version that fits.

so a word of warning to all you new f-pace owners, don't go losing your badge, or hitting pheasants (or any animal likely to steal your badge)

anyway. Rant over.
GGGGGGRRRRR (owler)
Maybe a badge off a car without adaptive cruise control might be the same diameter and probably cheaper. Sounds like they are selling an assembly.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi, saw on eBay a guy in Holland with a brand new one for an ipace for around £60. Guessing it's the same size. Send him a message for dimensions and hopefully it will be the same
Good luck mate,
Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts