Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my SVR today. all is good but was wondering has anyone noticed that the radiator is completely blocked off from cool air? it seems to have a full plastic plate blocking the air. The attached photo below is looking thru the grill.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congrats, looks nice. Interesting about the radiator, I wonder if that's how Jaguar improved the drag coefficient or reduced front end lift (by preventing air from entering at all). And you're sure they are not active shutters?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like fixed plastic 99% sure. My thought is how hot is this going to get. Once it hits a unknow temp it will start pulling timing. =HP

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
27 Posts
It looks like fixed plastic 99% sure. My thought is how hot is this going to get. Once it hits a unknow temp it will start pulling timing. =HP
If you look more closely toward the edges, you'll see that they're louvered and pivot on pins to open when the engine reaches temperature.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just picked up my SVR today too! they are definitely active louvres that open and close based on temperature needs. the intercooler radiators lower down on the sides though are wide open, and MASSIVE. i think the engine will get all the cooling it needs :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts