Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is a UK dealer, I swear I hear the pops and bangs.

I thought were removed for 2021?

I also thought the UK had a mandatory particulate filter (even on "Petrol" engines)?

Sounds pretty good to me. I think I can also hear a bit of the supercharger whine as well.

Most of the reviews says they toned down the exhaust for 2021.

Can't wait for a USA SVR to actually hear if there is a difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts

This is a UK dealer, I swear I hear the pops and bangs.

I thought were removed for 2021?

I also thought the UK had a mandatory particulate filter (even on "Petrol" engines)?

Sounds pretty good to me. I think I can also hear a bit of the supercharger whine as well.

Most of the reviews says they toned down the exhaust for 2021.

Can't wait for a USA SVR to actually hear if there is a difference.
I noticed that video as well.. perhaps the exhaust is "toned down" in normal/eco modes, but still free flowing in dynamic/exhaust button on? Honestly, that would make the most sense for jaguar to have more of a distinction between comfort and dynamic modes.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I agree, the general characteristics of the exhaust seems pretty similar to my 2019. However, in runs I have heard on line driving, especially recorded within the cabin, I do hear a difference in Dynamic mode. To me it seems like the tone has dropped to a lower note while running. It's a change I like to be honest, that is if it is truly there. If it isn't, I'm happy as well since it will sound like my 2019 SVR which is awesome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My understanding is that it has the same pops and crackles but at a slightly lower decibel level. However, I do believe that it will be noticeably quieter in the eco mode.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can report a nice change in noise between Drive and Dynamic modes... Sounds damn fine to me. As for pops n bangs I'm only on 100 miles so not revving it out yet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts