Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All
New member here from Australia. Planning to buy the 2021 F-Pace SVR and wondering what sort of discounts can be had now given the limited supply, especially wanted to hear from any Aussie owners who have bought recently.

I am coming from another V8 which I’ve been driving for the last 5 years, but time for change now. It’s a HSV clubsport R8 (similar to the Chevy SS for US folks and I believe in the UK it was released as Vauxhall R8 a while ago).

I have specced one on JLR website and it comes to $175k drive away in Victoria with all options I want(some of them seem to be overly expensive like the premium paint at $11k and panoramic sunroof at $4.5k, but I guess that’s normal for JLR). I am not going for the premium paint as planning to get it wrapped anyways.

Do you think I can target and achieve a drive away price between $140 -$150k(10-15% off the drive away price)?

I’ve also read about current delays due to chip shortages and also people who optioned panoramic sunroof had their cars delayed for months, is that true?
TIA😊
Hi
Got my SVR a month ago (Sydney), cost me about 165K, had 10K ish discount but I had to fight for it.
Without pano sunroof and without 11K special paint (this is an absolute outcry: white, grey or black otherwise you fork an extra 11K!!!!) but with extra roof rails (A MUST because they can’t be fitted other from the factory), meridian sound upgrade (a must too if you like music).
Frankly they won’t give you much as they turn it as a privilege rather than a service (I was “lucky” to “just” wait for 6 months).
Freebies were: an umbrella, a baseball cup and a food basket.
Even delivery itself was rushed (“we will install later the app on your phone and set up other few things during your first service”…).
Mine is white, was told by friends it’s a shame (my previous FPace was metallic red) but frankly, in white is shows all the special features of the car.
So far, did not cross path of a single 21SVR… maybe because we are on lockdown 😬
Cheers
Lionel

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi guys

I’m in Melbourne and just ordered an svr a few weeks ago - went with brg on semi oyster and every option except heated windscreen, tow bar and wrist band thing - config had it 199 and wasn’t far off

Was tough to decide between deep desire red, but I’ve always wanted to do a jag in brg, I chickened out ordering my f type in brg back in the day, plus the svo brg is a lot nicer and more modern take on traditional brg

Also always wanted to grab an f pace svr before they kill them off as I love the AJV8, but the old cars interior just wasn’t good enough, and stumbling upon it while my f type was ummm in for a crucial worker service , it all felt like home - new interior is a revelation, but this being my first suv, I still wish they had done the svr treatment on an xf wagon

now the wait, don’t have a build date yet though, and all the component delays atm are an unknown - rough eta is April but I doubt it

I do already have my oe black badges and black wheel centre caps - I need to try find a black front radar badge part number off a base model

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome Domino, you won't regret the BRG decision as it looks awesome in the flesh, my first Jag and I wasn't going to settle for any other colour. The only thing more annoying than waiting for delivery, is your car arriving and not being able to take it for a proper drive as you're limited to a 10km radius.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks mate, don’t you have family in vic highlands you have to provide care for post earthquake

I haven’t even driven it yet, I was sold based purely on the engine, that I’ve zero issues with my f type in 5 years while constantly switching up German daily’s all with their own issues, but more so the seating position - I like the high waistline and that you don’t feel like you’re sitting on top of it like a Range Rover/other suvs, felt like sitting in a performance sedan essentially

plus I needed a bigger dad wagon with my newborn, realised pretty quickly my rs3 wasn’t going to cut it, passenger seat is all the way forward and I can’t fit the pram in boot

I actually found this forum searching brg facelift pics, as there aren’t many out there, and the ones I’ve found vary so much it’s hard to get a good appreciation for how much it changes in varying light

I basically made my decision based solely on this clip - as above I’ll swap out all the red badges and I’ll paint the calipers as the red clashes IMO

and for those curious, here are some good pics of deep desire red

Deep desire red for sale

Vehicle Car Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
7 Posts
just checked config and it’s been updated

a few options are now missing, HUD is the main one but also the illuminated tread plates and boot plates (though you can grab those as spare parts)

also a new option for premium cabin lighting - did our aus spec car not already have the 3 zone color configurable ambient lighting?

and the exterior black pack which was on the uk config for a while

will have to ring my dealer, I assume I’ll need to rejig order form - comes out a touch cheaper too

this is my current order
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Document

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok confirmed HUD is gone on my22 due to chip shortage - JLR still may include it for top spec cars but doubtful

seems like the spec rejig is to prioritise the tech for higher trim levels, 360 camera for example only included on svr builds now

·
Registered
9 Posts
also a new option for premium cabin lighting - did our aus spec car not already have the 3 zone color configurable ambient lighting?
I don't remember there being an option for ambient lighting when I ordered. There's no configuration menu for lighting in the controls but interior lights do change when you switch between comfort and dynamic modes (don't know about eco - will never use that mode)

·
Registered
9 Posts
You're right it is there, same system that changes the lighting when you switch between comfort and dynamic modes, just more colour options.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts