Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
New member here from Australia. Planning to buy the 2021 F-Pace SVR and wondering what sort of discounts can be had now given the limited supply, especially wanted to hear from any Aussie owners who have bought recently.

I am coming from another V8 which I’ve been driving for the last 5 years, but time for change now. It’s a HSV clubsport R8 (similar to the Chevy SS for US folks and I believe in the UK it was released as Vauxhall R8 a while ago).

I have specced one on JLR website and it comes to $175k drive away in Victoria with all options I want(some of them seem to be overly expensive like the premium paint at $11k and panoramic sunroof at $4.5k, but I guess that’s normal for JLR). I am not going for the premium paint as planning to get it wrapped anyways.

Do you think I can target and achieve a drive away price between $140 -$150k(10-15% off the drive away price)?

I’ve also read about current delays due to chip shortages and also people who optioned panoramic sunroof had their cars delayed for months, is that true?
TIA😊

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi All
New member here from Australia. Planning to buy the 2021 F-Pace SVR and wondering what sort of discounts can be had now given the limited supply, especially wanted to hear from any Aussie owners who have bought recently.

I am coming from another V8 which I’ve been driving for the last 5 years, but time for change now. It’s a HSV clubsport R8 (similar to the Chevy SS for US folks and I believe in the UK it was released as Vauxhall R8 a while ago).

I have specced one on JLR website and it comes to $175k drive away in Victoria with all options I want(some of them seem to be overly expensive like the premium paint at $11k and panoramic sunroof at $4.5k, but I guess that’s normal for JLR). I am not going for the premium paint as planning to get it wrapped anyways.

Do you think I can target and achieve a drive away price between $140 -$150k(10-15% off the drive away price)?

I’ve also read about current delays due to chip shortages and also people who optioned panoramic sunroof had their cars delayed for months, is that true?
TIA😊
Hi, I just took delivery of my 21 SVR in Townsville, got a 10k discount, love it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I just took delivery of my 21 SVR in Townsville, got a 10k discount, love it
Thanks Andrew, would you mind sharing the specs for your car and what DA price it was coming to before discount?
I am in Victoria, stamp duty is a killer here. Similar spec car comes up at $167k if I change the state to Qld or NSW.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Andrew, would you mind sharing the specs for your car and what DA price it was coming to before discount?
I am in Victoria, stamp duty is a killer here. Similar spec car comes up at $167k if I change the state to Qld or NSW.

Accessories

Factory Fitted Towbar, Tinted Windows, Privacy Glass,
Factory Fitted Meridian Sound System, 22" Gloss Black 5 Split Rims, Sliding Panoramic Roof, Garage Door Opener Technology Pack, Park Assist, Light Oyster Semi- Alinile Seats

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Accessories

Factory Fitted Towbar, Tinted Windows, Privacy Glass,
Factory Fitted Meridian Sound System, 22" Gloss Black 5 Split Rims, Sliding Panoramic Roof, Garage Door Opener Technology Pack, Park Assist, Light Oyster Semi- Alinile Seats
Thanks, the car looks awesome!! Great color combo!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve specced it with 22” wheels, upgraded sound system, hot climate pack, scuff plates, sliding panoramic sunroof with gesture control sunblind, wireless charging, rear seat remote release and planning to get either ultra blue or eiger grey.
have park assist in both my current and previous cars and never used it so decided to skip it, don’t need a tow bar either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought our 21 SVR in May in QLD. It was in stock which we wanted as didn’t want to wait the unknown periods that are happening currently. Dealer would barely drop the price. $160k. But they now have no stock and don’t know when more coming so I could see their reason. We happened to score our number plate from the el’cheapo base range though so happy with that 😂😂. We came from Holden too - you’ll love the performance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We bought our 21 SVR in May in QLD. It was in stock which we wanted as didn’t want to wait the unknown periods that are happening currently. Dealer would barely drop the price. $160k. But they now have no stock and don’t know when more coming so I could see their reason. We happened to score our number plate from the el’cheapo base range though so happy with that 😂😂. We came from Holden too - you’ll love the performance! View attachment 73643
Awesome ride, and even better number plate, love it perfect for an Aussie Jag😁😁😁
I was thinking of negotiating down around the $150k mark, might need some skills there.
What options/extras does it have?
I can see it’s on 21” alloys, I am planning to go 22”.
More photos would be awesome when you get a chance 😊
Thank you again for sharing!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Awesome ride, and even better number plate, love it perfect for an Aussie Jag😁😁😁
I was thinking of negotiating down around the $150k mark, might need some skills there.
What options/extras does it have?
I can see it’s on 21” alloys, I am planning to go 22”.
More photos would be awesome when you get a chance 😊
Thank you again for sharing!!
I was able to get a 17% discount (15k US) off of a pre owned SVR with 1000 miles. Total before taxes was 75k. You have the best chance of getting a deep discount on something that’s slightly used and I found the dealers most willing to negotiate we’re at non Jaguar dealerships.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was able to get a 17% discount (15k US) off of a pre owned SVR with 1000 miles. Total before taxes was 75k. You have the best chance of getting a deep discount on something that’s slightly used and I found the dealers most willing to negotiate we’re at non Jaguar dealerships.
Thanks, normally that would hold true here in Australia as well, but right now there is hardly any stock of 2021 SVR’s here, so not much chance of negotiation on existing stock, would most likely be a custom order given the specs I want as well. Will be visiting the dealerships soon and see what’s available and go from there I think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As you've noted there's not much availability in AU at the moment but you do need to be prepared to wait if you go the custom route, ordered mine in Dec 20 and current delivery date is Oct 21. That does include a period where the production line was shutdown due to covid so shouldn't have to wait as long now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As you've noted there's not much availability in AU at the moment but you do need to be prepared to wait if you go the custom route, ordered mine in Dec 20 and current delivery date is Oct 21. That does include a period where the production line was shutdown due to covid so shouldn't have to wait as long now.
Thanks mate, spoke to a couple of local dealers, they have a few cars on the boat at the moment expecting to arrive mid august. I am hoping one of them is close to the spec I am looking at, would be an easier negotiation.
would you mind sharing how much you paid and what options you went with? PM is fine 😊

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks mate, spoke to a couple of local dealers, they have a few cars on the boat at the moment expecting to arrive mid august. I am hoping one of them is close to the spec I am looking at, would be an easier negotiation.
would you mind sharing how much you paid and what options you went with? PM is fine 😊
Went with the following options:

SVO Premium Palette - British Racing Green (Ouch why isn't it a default colour?)
22" Gloss Black with Satin Technical Grey inserts
Sliding panoramic roof
Gloss Black roof rails
Technology Pack (Head-up Display, Wireless Charging, Solar attenuating windscreen)
Tow hitch receiver
Loadspace partition net
Rear seat remote release levers
JaguarDrive Control with Adaptive Surface Response
Park Assist

Only options I'm second guessing myself over is the Semi-Aniline seats (really like the additional stitching) but was worried about durability with the kids in the back and am now wondering whether wireless charging was worth it after reading reports on the forum that it doesn't work with an iPhone 12.

Didn't get much of a deal, bit less than 5k off the configurator price, probably could have gone a bit harder.

I've been trying for three months to find one that I can actually go and see in the flesh to get an SVR fix until mine arrives but everything seems to be getting sold before it lands.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Went with the following options:

SVO Premium Palette - British Racing Green (Ouch why isn't it a default colour?)
22" Gloss Black with Satin Technical Grey inserts
Sliding panoramic roof
Gloss Black roof rails
Technology Pack (Head-up Display, Wireless Charging, Solar attenuating windscreen)
Tow hitch receiver
Loadspace partition net
Rear seat remote release levers
JaguarDrive Control with Adaptive Surface Response
Park Assist

Only options I'm second guessing myself over is the Semi-Aniline seats (really like the additional stitching) but was worried about durability with the kids in the back and am now wondering whether wireless charging was worth it after reading reports on the forum that it doesn't work with an iPhone 12.

Didn't get much of a deal, bit less than 5k off the configurator price, probably could have gone a bit harder.

I've been trying for three months to find one that I can actually go and see in the flesh to get an SVR fix until mine arrives but everything seems to be getting sold before it lands.
Nice!! The dealer told me that there are quite a few coming in next month and they have two in the shipment as well, so I am assuming there will be some available to view. I want to look at one in person before making the final plunge(actually it’s my wife who wants to look at one physically 😊).
There is nothing in the market with a v8 that comes close other than GLC63 which is more expensive, and with Jaguar’s recent announcement these will be flying out of the door. Want to get my hands on another v8 before they get extinct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice!! The dealer told me that there are quite a few coming in next month and they have two in the shipment as well, so I am assuming there will be some available to view. I want to look at one in person before making the final plunge(actually it’s my wife who wants to look at one physically 😊).
There is nothing in the market with a v8 that comes close other than GLC63 which is more expensive, and with Jaguar’s recent announcement these will be flying out of the door. Want to get my hands on another v8 before they get extinct.
Absolutely agree!!! The engine (and the sound it makes) are the primary reason I ended up ordering an SVR. Might have preferred the engine in an XF but the F-Pace is also by far the best looking SUV around. Funnily enough I always wanted a HSV back in the day but couldn't afford it then.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Absolutely agree!!! The engine (and the sound it makes) are the primary reason I ended up ordering an SVR. Might have preferred the engine in an XF but the F-Pace is also by far the best looking SUV around. Funnily enough I always wanted a HSV back in the day but couldn't afford it then.
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the supercharger whine, reason I went NA for my clubsport (I was offered the S/C Clubby for a slightly higher price which I was ok with), but this engine sounds brutal, I've heard it just in videos and once on the road. Planning to head to one of the dealers who has a MY20 SVR to take a drive and get a feel. He also has the tan/black and red/black interior in f-type so I can see the colours in person as well before making a decision.
It looks awesome from every angle!!
Glad you finally got the V8 you wanted and that too one of the best one's around :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts