Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else feel like their headlights are too dim?

taking it into the shop to run some tests, but the service advisor told me that is a common complaint.

I have the LED headlights.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Haven’t really noticed it however I think it’s dumb that they only offer the Pixel Led headlight upgrade on non-US models.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
91 Posts
Did you perhaps come from a vehicle that had fog lights? Im came from an SRT Jeep that had HIDs and LED fogs and I guess maybe it’s not as bright as that setup was, but I wouldn’t say it’s something I regularly think about or notice.

@RJSJag - I agree with you about the pixels and I’ll add that I wish we could have the animated turn signals as well here in the states!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I haven't really noticed on mine other than the high beams being a little less bright compared to my 2019 SVR.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We can thank US laws for this. We are still stuck with lighting rules from the damn 70s
don’t the audi Q8, SQ8, RSQ8 all have really bright HD matrix headlights/tail lights with animations though?

Did you perhaps come from a vehicle that had fog lights? Im came from an SRT Jeep that had HIDs and LED fogs and I guess maybe it’s not as bright as that setup was, but I wouldn’t say it’s something I regularly think about or notice.

@RJSJag - I agree with you about the pixels and I’ll add that I wish we could have the animated turn signals as well here in the states!
I was thinking about trying to find someone on here from the UK who’d be willing to try and get a pair of Pixels from the dealer and ship them to me but I’d imagine they’re insanely expensive. Theirs look so much better too because rather then a bright orange reflector in the corner they have another LED light.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
91 Posts
I was thinking about trying to find someone on here from the UK who’d be willing to try and get a pair of Pixels from the dealer and ship them to me but I’d imagine they’re insanely expensive. Theirs look so much better too because rather then a bright orange reflector in the corner they have another LED light.
They would probably need the dealer to flash the vehicles system so they work. And that’s probably where you’d hit a snag here in the states.

don’t the audi Q8, SQ8, RSQ8 all have really bright HD matrix headlights/tail lights with animations though?
They do but if you take a closer look, they all have another piece of the signal that is steady on while the animation is working. Your eye may not have noticed the steady because it likely follows the motion, but that’s how they do it.

·
Registered
114 Posts

they have animations but they aren’t anything like the euro spec models.
I would be very interested to find out how much a pixel set of headlights cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts