Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I have read another thread that seems to be about this, but I don't think my problem is the same...so posting this year. I have a new 2021 F Pace. Also, I downloaded the Jaguar iPhone App, and it works fine. I can remotely start the car, etc.

PICTURE 1: But as you can see from first picture, If I look at the "software update" section on my car, it doesn't show anything (version numbers, etc)...I am guessing that is because I'm not logged in to "in control"???

PICTURE 2: Second picture shows my "in control" account sign in page. after entering my username and password (I know they are correct) if I click "Sign In" I immediately get the "Error Unknown Error" red info...I can tell it doesn't have time to go out to a network to check on the credentials...it immediately gives me the error

PICTURE 3: So I thought maybe it is the network. The third picture shows that I am connected all ways that I can be.

Anyone have suggestions on how to remedy this?

Eric

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

PICTURE 3

·
Registered
116 Posts
For what it’s worth my MY18 Incontrol Remote App stopped working yesterday. Jaguar route planner works - iPhone sends directions from app to Incontrol car unit. But Incontrol Remote App cannot connect to car.

·
Registered
2021 Jaguar F-Pace P400 R-Dynamic
46 Posts
Yes, I have read another thread that seems to be about this, but I don't think my problem is the same...so posting this year. I have a new 2021 F Pace. Also, I downloaded the Jaguar iPhone App, and it works fine. I can remotely start the car, etc.

PICTURE 1: But as you can see from first picture, If I look at the "software update" section on my car, it doesn't show anything (version numbers, etc)...I am guessing that is because I'm not logged in to "in control"???

PICTURE 2: Second picture shows my "in control" account sign in page. after entering my username and password (I know they are correct) if I click "Sign In" I immediately get the "Error Unknown Error" red info...I can tell it doesn't have time to go out to a network to check on the credentials...it immediately gives me the error

PICTURE 3: So I thought maybe it is the network. The third picture shows that I am connected all ways that I can be.

Anyone have suggestions on how to remedy this?

Eric
I noticed that I was in the same boat awhile ago, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how my F-Pace NOT being logged in to InControl negatively affects me. I have the remote app and everything works flawlessly despite this.

So maybe the problem is that it’s just not displaying that you are logged in when you actually are? Have you noticed any impaired functionality?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed that I was in the same boat awhile ago, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how my F-Pace NOT being logged in to InControl negatively affects me. I have the remote app and everything works flawlessly despite this.

So maybe the problem is that it’s just not displaying that you are logged in when you actually are? Have you noticed any impaired functionality?
Would be great to get confirmation from someone but I believe if you’re not logged into him control you do not get updates. To be honest I don’t really know what are the images I get by being logged into in control. All the functions work in my car

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P340
4 Posts
Hi - So I'm having the same issue with not being able to log in to my InControl account (apparently, I need my local dealer to update my "Vehicle Shared Secret(s)" to fix that). I was concerned about not getting over the air updates, as I had the same blank screen for a bit (got my F-Pace a few weeks ago).

That said, I did get an update on June 4th. Even with me not being logged in to my InControl account. I do have both the 4G and WiFi connectivity up and running. Dunno if that helps, but I don't think you need to be logged in to get updates.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi - So I'm having the same issue with not being able to log in to my InControl account (apparently, I need my local dealer to update my "Vehicle Shared Secret(s)" to fix that). I was concerned about not getting over the air updates, as I had the same blank screen for a bit (got my F-Pace a few weeks ago).

That said, I did get an update on June 4th. Even with me not being logged in to my InControl account. I do have both the 4G and WiFi connectivity up and running. Dunno if that helps, but I don't think you need to be logged in to get updates.
Interesting! Thank you for the feedback and info! I guess the only other question I have is how do you know if your system is updated? I went to the "update" screen in the car but it doesn't show any numbers or version?

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P340
4 Posts
Interesting! Thank you for the feedback and info! I guess the only other question I have is how do you know if your system is updated? I went to the "update" screen in the car but it doesn't show any numbers or version?
I had the exact same concern ... my "Software Updates" screen was blank ... then, on Saturday, it showed that the system was updated:

So, unlike other electronics, I don't think the PivoPro actually shows the current software version (like the way you iPhone will show which version of iOS you're on) ... I think it only shows the last update. Since you started this thread on the 1st ... you should have gotten the June 4 update, unless my F-Pace was behind (which is possible, I did just get it).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the exact same concern ... my "Software Updates" screen was blank ... then, on Saturday, it showed that the system was updated: View attachment 73555

So, unlike other electronics, I don't think the PivoPro actually shows the current software version (like the way you iPhone will show which version of iOS you're on) ... I think it only shows the last update. Since you started this thread on the 1st ... you should have gotten the June 4 update, unless my F-Pace was behind (which is possible, I did just get it).
I had the exact same concern ... my "Software Updates" screen was blank ... then, on Saturday, it showed that the system was updated: View attachment 73555

Ahh, that makes sense. I'll check mine out oater tonight... yeah this makes sense. Now I just wonder what the hell you get by signing in to "In Control".. (ha)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Assuming similar to previous gen cars, InControl allow syncing of addresses for navigation, enabling Journeys, use of Remote App, etc.

·
Registered
2021 Jaguar F-Pace P400 R-Dynamic
46 Posts

Interesting. My ‘21 shows the exact same update, but it was installed May 8, 2021. I wonder if Jaguar pushes out the updates in a regional manner rather than to everyone all at once.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this issue. Had to get the vehicle shared secret update at the dealership and now it is working properly. The service advisor also advised me that it doesn't work with .net email addresses for some reason.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
71 Posts
I had this issue. Had to get the vehicle shared secret update at the dealership and now it is working properly. The service advisor also advised me that it doesn't work with .net email addresses for some reason.
Any idea what that update does and what if any features those of us without this update are missing? Does it simply just enable u to connect ur profile in the vehicle or does it actually unlock more features? Thnx!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any idea what that update does and what if any features those of us without this update are missing? Does it simply just enable u to connect ur profile in the vehicle or does it actually unlock more features? Thnx!
I just had it done yesterday and so far I have noticed I now have a weather app, Spotify comes up in the media menu as a listening option, I'm getting traffic alerts more often. The service advisor says it fixes an issue that causes the network to block access I believe.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Any idea what that update does...
The shared secret is piece of data or certificate that is used in encryption. The vehicle and the backend cloud services both need the same shared secret to negotiate an encrypted connection between the two. It seems that the shared secret shipped with the 2021 vehicles is either missing or doesn't match the backend or has an expired cert.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The shared secret is piece of data or certificate that is used in encryption. The vehicle and the backend cloud services both need the same shared secret to negotiate an encrypted connection between the two. It seems that the shared secret shipped with the 2021 vehicles is either missing or doesn't match the backend or has an expired cert.
Thanks, this is good information. My friend has a 21 XF and is having the same issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had mine updated with the VSS last week. I can now log into spotify from the car & use it without connecting the phone. I also get real time weather for current location and wherever you set the navigation to go & I believe it does real time traffic as well.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I also get real time weather for current location and wherever you set the navigation to go & I believe it does real time traffic as well.
Do you have to have a data plan to get these features or to you get them on their own?

·
Registered
2021 Jaguar F-Pace R Dynamic, 2021 Jaguar F-Pace S
5 Posts
My F-Pace is only about 8 weeks old. I had set up my account and profile in the car and until several days ago I would be greeted by the system when I would start the car. All of a sudden it has stopped. The car is telling me I have no profiles so I tried to load my profile again but it will not load a new profile. I'm suspecting that a new software release has had a negative impact.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts