Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First post on these forums :)

I've owned my big cat for about a year and just moved to VA, which requires front plates (boo!). My car was purchased in SC, and so did not come with the stock front plate holder installed. I've read a few threads on here re. older F-Pace models that suggest the stock frame holder needs to be drilled in to the front bumper, which I'd ideally like to avoid. I've also looked at the Sto N Sho for my model, and unfortunately that also needs 3 pilot holes to be drilled (although it's to the bottom of the bumper rather than the front).

Can anyone confirm if there is a way for the 2021 non-SVR models to have a front plate frame installed without drilling? I've included some pics below of the plate holder that came with the car - it doesn have two big plastic clips, which suggests maybe it can just be clipped on? Although it does include 4 screws as well. Didn't come with any instructions (!!).

Cheers,

Su

Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Auto part Font
Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Electronic device

·
Registered
134 Posts
The dealer drilled mine before I could stop them… I’m sure you could use the stealth ones that use the toe hook stuff

·
Registered
16 Posts
We moved from Ann Arbor to St Louis, same situation. I refuse to drill holes in my TR8 or F Type and have run around without a front plate for years, never been pulled over. For a while I kept the extra plate in the glove box but now I don't even do that. Might be a beg for forgiveness situation, see how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a stickler for the rules, so would like to run the front plate :oops:

Wonder if simple zip ties would work in lieu of drilling? I think really long zip ties could just loop through the screw holes, and around the plastic grille mesh. If anyone has tried it please let met know... Otherwise I can be the Guinea pig 😅

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think the drilling is to the plastic under-body shield (which already has a couple dozen holes for screws) not the bumper. Attached a pic of mine.

I re-used the sto n sho for my 2017 S, not their SVR specific holder if they have one. Not sure what all changed between 2019 and 2021 with the bumper and shield and their S vs SVR holder, but it’s worked fine for 2 1/2 years
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@NixMo I think I came across your pics in an older thread - thanks for sharing! For the 2021 F-Pace, things appear to have changed. Sto N Sho have a separate part number for the SVR trim (SNS286, which does not require any drilling and piggy-backs on existing bolts), and all other non-SVR trims (SNS281 which needs 3 pilot holes to be drilled). So I guess Jag must have changed something on the underside from the 2020 models.

@scharnhorst I looked at tow hook mounts, but really don't like the offset look (and most seem to mess with the parking sensors which is annoying. Although I did come across this mount which seems pretty adjustable and might be ok.

I'm going to order some 12" cables ties and see if I can get my solution to work... will come back and post pics if it does!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts