Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have been a long time lurker in this forum as I went through the journey of picking my next vehicle. Since I'm hopefully going to be the proud new owner of an F-Pace in the near future, I figured it's time to create an account and jump in.

I have been working with the dealership here in Wisconsin for the last few months or so and almost moved forward with a 2020 S, but decided to wait for the 2021. They have yet to update the Jaguar US site, so I had to work closely with the dealership to make all the decisions on the build. The international configurator helped, but was not a good indicator of what was available for the US.

As of this afternoon, I just got an email from the dealership that the order call opened at 2 today and my order was placed. Looking at a delivery date in February.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I love the car. But the dealers have been the sleazy car dealers I have ever dealt with. Check every number, trust NOTHING they say. Between add ons like lowjack (the car has that built in) and other "undercoating" stuff and the final guy guy raising the money factor $7,000. Buying a Jag was the most painful car experience I have ever had. Expect a last minute screw. This page is for 2020, but I bet you can find a 2021 page from there. Make sure you have the price/payment figured. I used car finance boss on the android app store. The car is great, the dealers are awful. Just be prepared. My guess is since they sell few cars they try to bleed every drop from the sales they get.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I love the car. But the dealers have been the sleazy car dealers I have ever dealt with. Check every number, trust NOTHING they say...
Newfound, welcome to the forum.

JohnnyLightning, I'm very sorry you had that experience. It isn't consistent with the experience I had with the dealership I purchased from (Rosenthal in Tysons Corner, VA). I negotiated pricing over e-mail, and the sales paperwork was ready when I came in. I'd had my own financing lined up through a credit union, but went with their proposed lender (Bank of America) as the rate was better. It wasn't a totally painless negotiation process (there was one hiccup), but once we had a deal they didn't try to change it at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the car. But the dealers have been the sleazy car dealers I have ever dealt with. Check every number, trust NOTHING they say. Between add ons like lowjack (the car has that built in) and other "undercoating" stuff and the final guy guy raising the money factor $7,000. Buying a Jag was the most painful car experience I have ever had. Expect a last minute screw. This page is for 2020, but I bet you can find a 2021 page from there. Make sure you have the price/payment figured. I used car finance boss on the android app store. The car is great, the dealers are awful. Just be prepared. My guess is since they sell few cars they try to bleed every drop from the sales they get.

Good to be on the lookout for. My experience so far has been great and they have been open and honest thus far in the process. I have the exact order details and they match up to the spreadsheet I have been tracking everything in. I plan on going through my credit union for financing unless there is a better incentive / rate from Jaguar or the dealer similar to Hoopics. I'm sure there will be the typical add on services attempt as I get closer to the delivery date.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Newfound,

Looks like you might be one of the first to get a 2021. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when it finally rolls in. The wait is hard, I've done it twice and the second time I kind of new what I was waiting for. Welcome to the forum and in none too soon a time, Jaguar Ownership.

Reactions: VZX-CO and Newfound

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hey all. I have been a long time lurker in this forum as I went through the journey of picking my next vehicle. Since I'm hopefully going to be the proud new owner of an F-Pace in the near future, I figured it's time to create an account and jump in.

As of this afternoon, I just got an email from the dealership that the order call opened at 2 today and my order was placed. Looking at a delivery date in February.
Congratulations and welcome aboard!!

You may just have a bad dealer.
As for the Lowjack, the theft protection built into the F-PACE is different than the Lowjack system and after much research and calling out of my dealership Lowjack is installed on all vehicles (except mine. long story computer glitch, PTSD refusal to return vehicle) in case you miss a payment they can find your car. Dealership cannot use system built in car to find it and it has limits that the Lowjack does not so it is absolutely for the dealerships protection

Reactions: Newfound

·
Registered
54 Posts
It wasn't a single bad dealer. It was 4 bad dealers. I pretty much bought 4 cars. I walked away from the first 3 after agreeing on a price for the car. Each time the add-ons made me walk away.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It wasn't a single bad dealer. It was 4 bad dealers. I pretty much bought 4 cars. I walked away from the first 3 after agreeing on a price for the car. Each time the add-ons made me walk away.
Wow!!! What State are you in?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow!!! What State are you in?
I am am airline pilot, I fly for free. I wanted a silver svr with red interior. I was just going to buy the car on the phone and show up to drive home. The dealer south of atlanta was the lojack one, the one in flint could not get the price to come out the same twice and could not explain why the lease payment was 400 a month higher than the math says it would be. One in texas, I think Houston got could not explain his math either. The car I ordered was in Merritt island. All was going good till bill the financial guy was telling me the money factor was going to be .007, instead of .0007. the difference on 90,000 was going to be some thing like $7,000 in 36 months. I assumed it was a typo, till bill started saying that was the best they would do. As I got ready to leave he agreed. After all was said and done I think I paid 600 more than I agreed to when I ordered it. Oh yeah, the dealer in Orlando refused to come off the sticker price on a car I ordered. I guess that is 5 dealerships

·
Registered
44 Posts

I have been working with the dealership here in Wisconsin for the last few months or so and almost moved forward with a 2020 S, but decided to wait for the 2021. They have yet to update the Jaguar US site, so I had to work closely with the dealership to make all the decisions on the build. The international configurator helped, but was not a good indicator of what was available for the US.

Congrats! 21' is a huge upgrade! Mind sharing the spec?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! 21' is a huge upgrade! Mind sharing the spec?
Thanks @Stephen.513 ! I went with the P400 R-Dynamic in Eiger Grey with the ebony interior and 22" wheels (gloss black w/ satin black inserts). I added a few other options of the cold climate pack, premium interior upgrade pack, ACC, convenience pack, and a few others.

I got an update that 11/27 is the last date of any spec changes I can make. This is the first time I'm factory ordering, so hopefully that is a good sign.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks @Stephen.513 ! I went with the P400 R-Dynamic in Eiger Grey with the ebony interior and 22" wheels (gloss black w/ satin black inserts). I added a few other options of the cold climate pack, premium interior upgrade pack, ACC, convenience pack, and a few others.

I got an update that 11/27 is the last date of any spec changes I can make. This is the first time I'm factory ordering, so hopefully that is a good sign.
Looking for that model as well, but wanted to play on a build site before deciding. My dealer will place an order too but could you share MSRP on that build?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking for that model as well, but wanted to play on a build site before deciding. My dealer will place an order too but could you share MSRP on that build?
Looks like the jaguarusa site finally has the option to build a 2021. One thing I'm not sure on and/or if they removed it was the rear seat recline (manual or electric). Dealership didn't know either.

Also, in all the pictures I was not able to find a button to turn the auto start/stop off. Maybe with their mild-hybrid approach, it is no longer an option to turn off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like the jaguarusa site finally has the option to build a 2021. One thing I'm not sure on and/or if they removed it was the rear seat recline (manual or electric). Dealership didn't know either.

Also, in all the pictures I was not able to find a button to turn the auto start/stop off. Maybe with their mild-hybrid approach, it is no longer an option to turn off.
Pricing is pretty close to the 2020 S. Kind of lame to make the Interractive Cruise Control an add on though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts