Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks pretty good. Don’t know if I like the flush grill though. I also will miss the dip on the rear lights.

2021 F-Pace

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
159 Posts
I honestly dont like the rear end looks like Range rover evoque/velar mix, i think first gen was better from behind the tailights was the signature thing at least for me, i kinda miss my Jag First Edition, i change for a Bmw X5 a year ago and currently happy with better gas range and performance so far.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ewwwwww, gross!!! :sick: I'd buy something else

Reactions: JayTheDreamer

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The new inline 6 cylinders are available but no increase in performance for the 395hp R-Dynamic S vs. the outgoing S. Early specs available on the Jaguar web site.

Wonder if the SVR takes a year off? No mention of higher engine options so far that I've seen.

As stated, got a Velar vibe from the rear. Side profile looks to be the same as outgoing and I think I like the new grill.

Lots going on in the updated interior. Worried about massive glare on that new center screen.

Will have more thoughts as more info is released.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The front I’m good with but the rear view is definitely a step toward the Velar and less aggressive IMO. I expected the infotainment/console to be upgraded and more like the E/I-Pace models with prominent round control knobs. I didn’t expect the huge screen... looks like it could be a glare nightmare. I’m happy they got rid of the piano black trim. It looks great... but :mad: so easy to make scratches!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'd be more interested in what the new infotainment system software is all about and if its far superior to what we have now... wouldn't take much.
Maybe they finally abandoned the current format and supplier....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'd be more interested in what the new infotainment system software is all about and if its far superior to what we have now... wouldn't take much.
Maybe they finally abandoned the current format and supplier....
Sounds like updates are available without going to the dealer!!
I see they did away with the "hockey puck" shifter!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
459 Posts
Okay by me; ready when the warranty on my '17 is done. Love the interior.
I'll miss the distinctive, serious exhaust tips though. New ones look like everything else on the road.

·
Registered
304 Posts
looks great! the design team has definitely incorporated a lot of the feedback from the advisory board

The good: headlights look much better with the distinctive double Js (called the slimmer lights way back at first camo sightings/21 f-type reveal, haha) svr seats now standard it seems, no more hockey puck shifter, useful space for wireless phone charging and angled enough so everything shouldn't fly out at every stoplight, gloss black scratch magnet trim replaced with soft satin, Pivi Pro looks great though would have preferred it more integrated in the dash vs the tablet look. More hp in the r-dynamic S (395).
is that some trick of the lighting or do the nearly useless side pockets now go all the way through under the gear selector? (1:09-1:20 here
)
elitecare still standard, hybrid options! hopefully they found a way to fit that in with the 395hp i6 for extra oomph off the line in addition to improving the fuel economy.

The bad: that rear bumper/exhaust setup... yuck lexus look, though I'm sure they'll fix that with the SVR. could do without the little jag leapers on the side details behind the front wheels, not much else to complain about yet, will have to see how the sticker price is affected when they get the builds live.

not enough to get me to upgrade (again) yet, but kind of wish I still had my 2017 so I could upgrade to a 21/22 svr...

wishlist for the updated SVR - dual clutch, the ZF auto is great - cheap and reliable, but if you want to stop playing second fiddle to porsche you need a strong DCT. A little more boost (and audible boost whine/blowoff) to compete with the new audi baby lambo (RSQ8) either as the only drivetrain or an option like BMW's competition packages. 6 piston brakes and a little more disc to grab. electric assist for extra torque and/or early morning startups when you don't want to wake the neighbors.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I like the front and the flush grill., side seems the same (thankfully still an aggressive profile), but the rear.....ruined it. Those exhaust tips are as bland as the fake ones Audi SQ5. Why?!?! And the taillights are abysmally simple. The rear end of the current F-Pace is absolutely stunning and utterly different from other SUVs.

Interiior...I'm not sold. It feels too Land Rover-ish for me. Going for better materials and functionality is great and very much needed (though mine never had issues, knock on wood), but this doesn't say "Jag" to me from the inside. It should FEEL different from the rest of the Land Rover line of cars. THESE ARE ALL OPINIONS!! 🧐

And total pet peeve...they are not "new versions of the inline six cylinder". That is an all new engine (BMW sourced or based?), not a new version. They go like stink, but they have no soul in the way they sound. Call me archaic, but a supercharger should be belt driven, not electric.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I may be in the minority here, but I LOVE the round shifter I have on my F-Pace! Such a unique feature! I was not sold at first, but I learned to love it! It just underlines the fact that almost everything in modern cars is controlled electronically.

I'm not too fond of the placement of the Start/Stop button.

In one of the pictures, I saw a navigation map displayed in the driver's panel and a comment that the driver's display panel is configurable, I would absolutely love that!

I love that they incorporated leaper in the side wents!

All in all, I like all the improvements they made!

Reactions: Dakar09

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now that I've had time to go through it in detail, this is what I like and don't like:

• love the new hood setup and the elimination of the hood to front bumper line.
  • Love that the front bumper in the R-Dynamic look - looks like an S.
  • Love the new front headlights with the Double J running lights.
  • Love the new interior overall. Looks much more upgraded over the current and will be the main reason I would upgrade my SVR if the SVR doesn't skip a year, but I can't believe they will skip a year with the SVR. It could be delayed a bit, but I already reached out to my sales guys and he's looking into it. They have nothing at the dealership yet on the 2021s.
  • Love that they put the window controls where they should be on the doors.
  • Love the new center stack but like others have said, I will be carrying a micofiber cloth around to keep it clean and hopefully glare won't be an issue. They should make it a matte finish to alleviate fingerprints as well.
  • Looks like Wireless charging and maybe even Bluetooth Car Play may be available. These would be big ones for me. Would be a big miss to not include them. Would also like to see the CarPlay screen to see how it looks on that big screen.
  • Like the upgraded look of the speaker grills, much nicer looking that what we have today.
  • Like that the console is larger, or at least looks larger. interested to see what storage options and cup holders are in there. Also like that it has a nice sliding cover.
  • new Gauge surround and design looks nicer and better integrated to the whole setup. Interested to see what they did with the heads up display, hopefully it's something more current and usable with polarized sun glasses.
Don't like
  • Not a big fan yet of the grill being flush. I don't dislike the grill design, but I liked it be recessed a bit.
  • Not a fan of the rear exhaust ports.
  • Not a fan of the Leaper on the grill sides.
  • not a fan of the rear taillights since I was a fan of the dip, because it was unique for the most part of than Mazda. The new tails look like many other cars on the road. with that said, I do like them a bit when they are lit since they show two dips.
  • Not a fan of the chrome rim in the center of the steering wheel. I think it makes the wheel look very busy, especially with the new buttons format.

Now I eager to hear when the SVR may be available for order and what it will look like compared to the other F-Pace Models. Should be interesting to see how they do the rear exhaust on the SVR and the side vent. Interior upgrades on the SVR will sure be very subtle with some options for Carbon fiber her or there, but tough to see where.

All in all I think the exterior changes were subtle as Jag didn't want to mess to much with a very popular design. The changes there may grow on me, but I think what they did change moves the look backwards a bit. The interior changes are a win to me, can't wait to see them in person.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can configure one on the Jaguar UK Website. There are so many seat options available with different types of quilting and seat styles. Massage too! Also 21' rims.

·
Registered
2017 F-PACE S
5 Posts
Came to put in my two cents, but after reading your last post PA, I think it would be largely the same response as yours.

Curious about this twin charged I6. I've been a turbo guy forever, until I picked up my S and I6's usually have a very nice sound. Might be worth taking for a spin when they land, just to see.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interior - better
Front OK (I still like the current one a lil better, especially the hood to grill separation piece, I like it)
Rear - ewwwwww (run a mile, especially that exhaust tip :rolleyes:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts