Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,
Bought a Brand new 2021 f pace a couple weeks ago had to go across state to get the color we wanted and on the way home at 388 miles on car, battery warning light comes on. Our salesman tells us to call roadside assistance and that it’s probably nothing Just made it home before the battery went completely dead . Car was picked up April 4 and still at service department. The Technician & tech support is not anywhere closer to resolving the issue. Salesman offered to see if he could get another car to replace the current car but, it needs to be presented this to his marketing manager. Anyone have this issue or
have any Experience of having a brand new car replaced because it could not be fixed?

They did say the problem is in the 48volt system

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
192 Posts
Well, on a vintage Jaguar, I would immediately say it's a faulty alternator or the alternator wiring. But on these newfangled cars with all of their electronics it is impossible to say without the proper testing equipment. Please keep us informed.

Stu

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Reactions: Stu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is part of the mild hybrid system. The strange thing is when the warning light can on we was like 40 minutes from home so we just drove on home and I did notice that the car lost performance the throttle response felt very sluggish by the time we got home the battery was dead so I put a battery charger on low for 2 hours to get it Charge back up so we could move it in position for the tow truck to pick up The first warning message displayed was to stop the car safely and anytime the car was shut off it asked you to start the car because the battery was low
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Speedometer Vehicle Light Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it is part of the mild hybrid system. The strange thing is when the warning light can on we was like 40 minutes from home so we just drove on home and I did notice that the car lost performance the throttle response felt very sluggish by the time we got home the battery was dead so I put a battery charger on low for 2 hours to get it Charge back up so we could move it in position for the tow truck to pick up The first warning message displayed was to stop the car safely and anytime the car was shut off it asked you to start the car because the battery was low View attachment 73383 View attachment 73384
Update The problem was in the voltage converter technical support could not come up with a solution to fixing it at the dealership Technician took it upon himself to Troubleshoot and diagnose it and tried to order a converter which was back order with no Stock date So he ended up ordering one for the same platform from a land rover so far so good

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,
Bought a Brand new 2021 f pace a couple weeks ago had to go across state to get the color we wanted and on the way home at 388 miles on car, battery warning light comes on. Our salesman tells us to call roadside assistance and that it’s probably nothing Just made it home before the battery went completely dead . Car was picked up April 4 and still at service department. The Technician & tech support is not anywhere closer to resolving the issue. Salesman offered to see if he could get another car to replace the current car but, it needs to be presented this to his marketing manager. Anyone have this issue or
have any Experience of having a brand new car replaced because it could not be fixed?

They did say the problem is in the 48volt system
Well, I had a similar issue on my 2019 CPO S trim a couple of weeks ago. I had my SUV taken to the dealer ( by the dealership) because I had a warning light of low battery and electrical system malfunction detection. I called Jaguar roadside assistance and they recommended I not drive it to the dealership. I had googled the issue and the concern was that the low battery could possibly cause electrical issues. My car would crank up, even when they picked it up, just give the warning noted above. They replaced the alternator and charged the battery which was new with the CPO SUV I have had only a couple of months. Everything appears good now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
As a generalized statement for anyone who gets a "low battery" warning (or even other "odd" warnings that come/go), put the car on a CTEK and give it good overnight charge. Many of today's cars are very power sensitive and can throw error codes for no other reason.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Also have your battery load tested. It can charge just fine, but still have bad cells….

1 - 9 of 9 Posts