Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I've read conflicting things about the exhaust sound on the 2021 versus the 2020. Could anyone that has taken delivery of their 2021 provide some insight? How is the exhaust sound vs pre-facelifit? Is there a gas particulate filter hampering the sound?

And while we're on the subject, is the torque difference noticeable as opposed to the 2020?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
54 Posts
This is an April Fool's joke, right? Is the exhaust sound going to be a game changer for those contemplating a purchase on a 2021?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an April Fool's joke, right? Is the exhaust sound going to be a game changer for those contemplating a purchase on a 2021?
Potentially! I'm coming from a Trackhawk. Trading the brute force of the Jeep for the overall character of the Jag. Exhaust is definitely a big component of that character.

Doesn't really matter at this point as my SVR is being delivered next week...I suppose I'm just hoping I made the right decision :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Potentially! I'm coming from a Trackhawk. Trading the brute force of the Jeep for the overall character of the Jag. Exhaust is definitely a big component of that character.

Doesn't really matter at this point as my SVR is being delivered next week...I suppose I'm just hoping I made the right decision :confused:
I also came from the jeep srt (not the trackhawk I know ) but I wanted a trackhawk and was ready to order but they don’t do a towbar here in the uk so in the end went for a f pace svr . I loved this car it was great so much so I’ve ordered the 21 svr but I’m not worried about the sound as it’s becoming a lister stealth and that thing sounds amazing. Il do a review on this when it arrives but for me this is taking the svr to another level and at the price point there’s nothing to touch it

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
27 Posts

It sounds like you’re starting with the right expectations. I also just traded my SRT Jeep for the jag and it’s definitely different. Brute force definitely describes the Jeep’s. The jag isn’t that. It’s much more polished but I’m enjoying it so far. It’s definitely also not the same throw your body back into the seat that the jeep is. And the exhaust plays a different tune. But it still has a hell of a personality and I’m enjoying the difference. Definitely try to wrap your head around that this isn’t gonna be the insanity of the trackhawk and I think you’ll be good!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My SVR is supposed to be at the Baltimore port on 4/16 nothing against the grey (I have 3 other grey cars right now) but my SUV's are always white (Fuji white RR autobiography and white Jeep Grand Cherokee the ones I have now), so this one is Yulong white with ebony/tan interior. Personally other than the special colors (I'm a bit old for some of those), I think white brings out the lines of the car better than the darker colors, but that is just my opinion. I did see another members grey one when it arrived at the dealership (we both bought from the same dealer). Unfortunately unless you are someone with a long history (the SVR is car #489 for me) with the dealership you are not likely to get more than a couple thousand off sticker on one of these (I sold one of my 911's early last year that same car is now 25K higher). The chip shortage is causing supply chain nightmares and some factories are actually idle because they cant get the parts to finish production. I doubt there are more than 40 2021 SVR's in the whole U.S. right now and that old supply vs demand theory is easy to see with some car prices. I am waiting to see if the car is going to need a throttle controller (I am very sensitive to drive by wire delay), and I am not sure (my dealer did a trade with another dealer to get this for me) what Pirelli (the one I did see had summer rubber) tires are on the car. Other than that I am probably going (that is very rare for me) to leave it stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I also came from a trackhawk and received my svr about a week ago no regrets at all so much nicer vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up our 2021 F-Pace SVR last week. We test drove two different 2020 SVRs and sadly the 2021 SVR exhaust is quieter than the 2020 SVR.
On the plus side, the 2021 is better from a tech, ride, handling and overall refinement standpoint.
Great vehicle, just wish it was louder.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just picked up our 2021 F-Pace SVR last week. We test drove two different 2020 SVRs and sadly the 2021 SVR exhaust is quieter than the 2020 SVR.
On the plus side, the 2021 is better from a tech, ride, handling and overall refinement standpoint.
Great vehicle, just wish it was louder.
You could always get an aftermarket exhaust put on , when mine eventually arrives it’s off to lister to become a stealth. When I went down there last week to confirm everything with them . Started up the stealth, all I can say is now this takes the already good sounding svr to completely different level of sound

·
Registered
25 Posts
Comming from my TH. The SVR feels solid no body roll everything feels better. I was running 900 AWHP so this feels low on power. I like the SVR much better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Comming from my TH. The SVR feels solid no body roll everything feels better. I was running 900 AWHP so this feels low on power. I like the SVR much better.
Get a VELOCITY AP tune and then let me know how it moves in comparison, I've purchased the pulley + flash from them and I've seen good results on this forums. I think the flash program is only ~$1000 w/o pulleys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts