Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has driven both the 2020 and 2021 SVRs to know how they compare in terms of handling and the suspension. I've driven an older F-Pace with the 380 engine which I liked, then drove a 2020 SVR and fell in love with it and I was looking at ordering a new 2021 SVR.

However, today I went into the dealership to try the new P400 just to see how it was and I really didn't like the way it drove. The suspension felt very soft and floaty and I didn't have the same confidence cornering at higher speeds as I did in the 380. It definitely felt worse than the older F-Pace and much worse than the SVR. I know the SVR suspension is different than the P400, but I also read that they made a bunch of changes to it with the refresh and now I'm worried I won't like the 2021. I wanted to test that today as well, just to confirm and put in an order, but the dealership didn't want me testing it because they only had one model that was in the showroom and they knew I didn't want to buy that spec. Apparently one I can test will come in in a few weeks, but it sucks to wait that long. Can anyone ease my mind with their 2021 SVR experience?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I briefly test drove a 2020 SVR and now own a 2021. I would say the suspension remains firm, but compliant enough to be tolerable. I think Jag has found a happy medium. From what I can remember, I do not think the suspension has changed drastically in terms of feel. There is basically zero body roll in corners, and with 22 inch wheels the vehicle stays planted. My wife has an Aviator with air suspension and I hate the way it feels. This SVR is the complete opposite.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I briefly test drove a 2020 SVR and now own a 2021. I would say the suspension remains firm, but compliant enough to be tolerable. I think Jag has found a happy medium. From what I can remember, I do not think the suspension has changed drastically in terms of feel. There is basically zero body roll in corners, and with 22 inch wheels the vehicle stays planted. My wife has an Aviator with air suspension and I hate the way it feels. This SVR is the complete opposite.
Thanks, that makes me feel better. I might be misremembering the original F-Pace I drove and comparing the new P400 too harshly against the 2020 SVR I drove. I just really hate softer suspensions where you feel the size and ride height of an SUV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts