Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My wife has a 2020 Yulong white SVR. We picked it up from the FLL dealership in December and it currently has just under 5,000 miles on it. Until recently I had a Trackhawk, so it's an interesting comparison in ultimate SUVs. Overall, the SVR is way more refined, sophisticated, handles better, looks better and sounds better. Where it loses out is in the explosive acceleration of the TH, which is intoxicating. Plus the TH has more cargo space. Overall they are a perfect example of 'Beauty and the Beast'.

Having said all that we took the SVR to the (completely empty showroom - no inventory at all) Jag dealer in Ocala yesterday due to some annoying niggles. The 360 camera is now only a 90 camera. Only the right side shows up. The manual door lock button has failed. The blind spot monitor (right side) is iffy at best. The display has frozen on a number of occasions and the hands free phone button is equally unreliable. The upshot is it needs one new camera, a new control module for the 360 function, and a new door lock mechanism. I have to say we are disappointed that a vehicle so new should have such problems. They have to order the parts (obviously) so it's going to be a while before it is sorted.

We love it. But if it keeps up this rate of unreliability it may not be with us long :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not sure if related to your issues, but a recent software update seems to have affected the blind spot system on some F-Pace (maybe not our year though?).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi all,

My wife has a 2020 Yulong white SVR. We picked it up from the FLL dealership in December and it currently has just under 5,000 miles on it. Until recently I had a Trackhawk, so it's an interesting comparison in ultimate SUVs. Overall, the SVR is way more refined, sophisticated, handles better, looks better and sounds better. Where it loses out is in the explosive acceleration of the TH, which is intoxicating. Plus the TH has more cargo space. Overall they are a perfect example of 'Beauty and the Beast'.

Having said all that we took the SVR to the (completely empty showroom - no inventory at all) Jag dealer in Ocala yesterday due to some annoying niggles. The 360 camera is now only a 90 camera. Only the right side shows up. The manual door lock button has failed. The blind spot monitor (right side) is iffy at best. The display has frozen on a number of occasions and the hands free phone button is equally unreliable. The upshot is it needs one new camera, a new control module for the 360 function, and a new door lock mechanism. I have to say we are disappointed that a vehicle so new should have such problems. They have to order the parts (obviously) so it's going to be a while before it is sorted.

We love it. But if it keeps up this rate of unreliability it may not be with us long :(

Welcome to Jag ownership.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 2020 with about 14k miles on it. It has been really good. There are days where the screen is black or the radio will not work, but usually the next day it all works again. The only real issue is that an O2 sensor went bad. All your issues seem to be electrical. I think I would disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2020 with about 14k miles on it. It has been really good. There are days where the screen is black or the radio will not work, but usually the next day it all works again. The only real issue is that an O2 sensor went bad. All your issues seem to be electrical. I think I would disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see what happens.
Thanks. The mechanic found two bad modules. One door lock and one camera control. They are being replaced tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts