Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 F-Pace S, and live in Oklahoma so the roads are s**t and every single time I am going over a rough road or bump there is a rattling coming from the drivers side in the trunk, I have taken all the spare wheel parts out, I sat in the back while my friend drove the car to try and isolate it and it sounds like it’s coming from inside the wall of the trunk behind the passenger seat on the drivers side or at least located in that area, almost sounds like a loose bolt or piece of metal bouncing around, like when you have a loose washer or something. But pulled the side apart and can’t find anything in there that would make that noise… any help or clues would be appreciated because it’s driving me MAD!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had an Audi that sounded like a house key hanging on a hook inside the wall. It was a PITA to get the dealer to find. When tech drove like a nut the "key" would be stuck against the wall and would not make the sound. I had to find a cobblestone street near the dealer and find a cruise speed that would make the noise. It was a bad weld inside the wall. Since your car is under warranty, I would look for an exact situation that makes your noise and dump the problem on the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I might have to do that. It’s driving me mad. The worse thing about it is that it makes the car sound like it’s cheap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts