Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Keyless entry allows the vehicle to be opened if a smart key is within 2 m of the door handle or 1 m of the boot button.
The keyless entry sensor is located on the inner surface of the door handle. Grip and pull the door handle to open the door. The vehicle unlocks, the alarm system disarms, and the hazard warning lights flash twice to confirm unlocking. If the power-fold mirrors are enabled, the mirrors fold out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keyless entry allows the vehicle to be opened if a smart key is within 2 m of the door handle or 1 m of the boot button.
The keyless entry sensor is located on the inner surface of the door handle. Grip and pull the door handle to open the door. The vehicle unlocks, the alarm system disarms, and the hazard warning lights flash twice to confirm unlocking. If the power-fold mirrors are enabled, the mirrors fold out.
I understand what keyless entry is. Mine won't work even if fob is in my hand. Fob works fine, so I know it is not the battery.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I was just pointing out the location of the sensor on the inside of the handle.
Not all of the models had "keyless" entry.
Some always required the use of the fob.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The base and premium models do not have "keyless" entry (at least for the 2017 and 2018 models). I just checked the brochures. They only work with the fob.
There were numerous threads about this on this forum. I'm sure if you do a search you can find them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts