Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've owned this beast for just over a month and now have the check engine light on for the second time! My local dealer is Portland Jaguar and the first service appointment took over a month and now it's almost 2 months out! No loaner cars either. I'm coming from a BMW X5 5.0 Msport and BMW took care of us each time it needed service. So far not too impressed with Jaguar and their service. A $90k + car and I have to Uber home? Do any of your dealerships offer loaner cars? Any thoughts about the CEL? They replaced a Heated O2 sensor 1 Bank 2 last week. Jag's have always been known for electrical issues. I thought maybe this day and age they had gotten over it. Anyone else have issues? Mine's a 2019 with 11k miles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine has done the CEL once in 13,000 miles. It was an o2 sensor. You can buy a Bluetooth code reader on amazon for $10. That way you can see if it is something you care about.

The dealer that I bought my car from is an hour away and offers pick up and delivery of loaner cars and had a line of them waiting out front when I was there. But after I drove the SVR I figured letting some 18 year old kid drive my car for an hour was a bad idea.

The dealer 30 minutes away says they have loaner cars, but I have not seen one. For my 1st service it was only an hour long visit and my CEL light was less than an hour so I didnt ask. I suspect they may actually have a few loaner cars, but not enough because they were really upselling the van that will drive you to the mall.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
My ONLY dealer is over an hour and a half away, but they have been decent about always having a loaner for me... and they have semi retired veterans do all their driving for PU and delivery.
I drilled them quite closely before purchasing that unless I got a loaner and excellent PU/Delivery ... I would NOT be buying a vehicle from them. My question is... when 5/60 ends, does this service end also? Does Incontrol end also?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I get really concerned when I see the lack of service some folks get. I think it's rare but I don't want it to become a trend. As for me, I have been driving Jag's for well over 20 years. I have always gotten a loaner car even when I've had a car serviced after warranty and even when service was performed from a Jag dealer other than where I bought the car from. I've purchased my cars in both Northern California and Southern California. Sometimes I'd have the maintenance done on them in Las Vegas because they always did such a quality job and were so good to work with and it coincided with a trip over there. I was never charged for a loaner car. In Sacramento I ask for a Range Rover if they have one just to compare vehicles against what I own and to try something new. They pretty much let me have a choice of what they have available. One time they warned me that they were short vehicles but that if I brought the car in the next day I could have a loaner. So, I scheduled a day later. I have seen where emergencies have popped up for other customers and there wasn't a car but then they drive them to and from wherever they are staying. Never heard of somebody being put in an Uber...

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've owned this beast for just over a month and now have the check engine light on for the second time! My local dealer is Portland Jaguar and the first service appointment took over a month and now it's almost 2 months out! No loaner cars either. I'm coming from a BMW X5 5.0 Msport and BMW took care of us each time it needed service. So far not too impressed with Jaguar and their service. A $90k + car and I have to Uber home? Do any of your dealerships offer loaner cars? Any thoughts about the CEL? They replaced a Heated O2 sensor 1 Bank 2 last week. Jag's have always been known for electrical issues. I thought maybe this day and age they had gotten over it. Anyone else have issues? Mine's a 2019 with 11k miles.

View attachment 73317
I concur with The Portland Jaguar issues, took a month to get in for my annual servicing, and unlike the other luxury dealers in town they don't seem to have loaners or car. I was offered either the shuttle or to call me an Uber....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dropped the Fpace off today to Portland Jaguar. Never heard a peep from them after I got picked up in my Uber Toyota Prius. What a proud moment. Called and left messages to my service advisor. No reply. NOT too happy right now with this dealership. Funny, as I'm standing in there waiting for him to check me in, another advisor is telling a customer that it is ok to drive with his "check engine" light on. Holy hell, is this that common in Jag's and Range Rover's?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes. When I got a CEL they told me that too. The phone app said something similar. Steady lights are fine. Flashing lights are bad... Apparently....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$90k+ vehicle and I'm supposed to drive around with a check engine light on? That's their standard answer? Priceless. Wondering if this isn't the car for me.

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
54 Posts
$90k+ vehicle and I'm supposed to drive around with a check engine light on? That's their standard answer? Priceless. Wondering if this isn't the car for me.
You'll find that almost all, if not all dealers are like that. They bend over backwards to close the deal on a car. Then they sit you down with an attractive young lady who has legs up to her neck. Her job is to bat her eyelashes and sell you add-ons like paint protection, fabric/leather protection, tinted windows, etc.

Once you drive it out the door, they don't want to know you. 😎 😎 😎

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes. When I got a CEL they told me that too. The phone app said something similar. Steady lights are fine. Flashing lights are bad... Apparently....
I was told the same thing. One other thing to check is the tightness of the gas cap. Take it off and put it back on to make it is properly seated. It may take a few trips before the CEL resets, if the gas cap was the problem. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts