Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

2019 Jaguar F-Pace S v 2016 Mercedes C300

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Bromma 
#1 ·
They say a picture is worth 1,000 words so I shall post a few pictures following an incident whilst waiting at a set of traffic lights yesterday. Now I feel GRVR’s pain.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry. That’s painful.

#3 ·
I'm sorry that happened to you. The Merc seemed to get the worse part of the deal though. Jag looks bad, especially that right side muffler, but it looks drivable other than a problem with exhaust back pressure, and I would also make sure you don't have a filler tube issue with gas.

#4 ·
Ohhhhhhh no. Sorry to see that! Same thing happened to me a year ago with very similar damage to one side of the rear end. Just do your diligence on the shop you choose, and I'm sure the repair will go smoothly.
How's your physical condition? For purposes of your case and your health, it's a good idea to get checked out if haven't already.

#5 ·
This is not at all what I was expecting from the title. I was going to say what kind of comparison is that?
Sorry about the ride. Hope everyone is ok. Definitely know how that feels. Be sure to get checked out by a ortho surgeon as you may feel fine now but not the next day/week.
side note, be glad it’s not a SVR exhaust. $2850 per muffler, and they row them across the Atlantic on Viking ships (takes 4-6 weeks to get here)

#6 ·
Thanks for the thoughts. As with GRVR my wife was looking after our F-Pace for the day, and yes she is currently being looked after medically. Unfortunately it is not currently drivable because the muffler was driven into the wheel and it may have also pushed the wheel off camber as it looks a little like one of those boy racers at the moment. The good thing is that the insurance company for the Mercedes has already offered to write me a check once their adjuster has seen the photos. The bad thing is that they have no idea about what this will cost because the photos will not give them the whole pic and naturally I won’t just accept a check like that.

#8 ·
Did the exhaust cut the brake lines near that wheel also as it did on mine?
be prepared for underlying issues not visible till tear down.
P.S. @GRVR 's wife was not looking after the F-PACE, it was her daily driver

#7 ·
Initial repair estimate on the F-Pace by the insurance appraiser for the other driver comes to $16,981.33 so they have said that is the amount of the check they will cut me. To be fair they have said that on re-inspection if the repair shop finds additional work they would cover that too.

#10 ·
Sorry for my DELAY in responding ,
this is my first time back on the Forum in a VERY LONG TIME !!!:geek:
I've MISSED you Fine Folks !!!:giggle:

Sorry to hear about & SEE your incident @Bromma !:cry:
They started out saying our Repair would cost $3K-$4K , but it ended at almost $22K !:rolleyes: GR

Reactions: cbrehman
#11 ·
Sorry for my DELAY in responding ,
this is my first time back on the Forum in a VERY LONG TIME !!!:geek:
I've MISSED you Fine Folks !!!:giggle:

Sorry to hear about & SEE your incident @Bromma !:cry:
They started out saying our Repair would cost $3K-$4K , but it ended at almost $22K !:rolleyes: GR
I hope you are both well, unlike my Jag that was totaled with around $30k in repairs and a $41.5k retail value attributed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.