Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a 2019 Jag FPace 25t Premium which currently has S18C_18.32.4-205602 as the Infotainment Software version.
My car currently doesn't have Apple CarPlay.
Is there a way i can update the software or is this the latest version which my car already has?

Also i was seeing a software update, which when i clicked, it was showing Downloading New Version (which is just taking forever). Please see the attachment.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
UD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The update does take forever. And my update failed so it ended up downloading twice. Just let it run and it will eventually finish and apply. After the car has been off for an extended period of time it will apply the update and you should end up with the updated version and hopefully AA/CP without having to go to a dealer.

18C, which you have now, does support Android Auto/Apple CarPlay but it needs to have the Smartphone Pack enabled by the dealer. The expectation is that if you update to 19B/19C (not sure which OTA update your F-Pace is downloading) AA/CP should be enabled and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
257 Posts
And of course people are now downloading 20A. In addition to the recent NAV update.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Why do some vehicles get every new update and others continually say no update available. I got one OTA update last year to 18B and nothing further ever, yet...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The update does take forever. And my update failed so it ended up downloading twice. Just let it run and it will eventually finish and apply. After the car has been off for an extended period of time it will apply the update and you should end up with the updated version and hopefully AA/CP without having to go to a dealer.

18C, which you have now, does support Android Auto/Apple CarPlay but it needs to have the Smartphone Pack enabled by the dealer. The expectation is that if you update to 19B/19C (not sure which OTA update your F-Pace is downloading) AA/CP should be enabled and you should be good to go.
Well the update got completed. the current version I see is S20.... i still need to find out what all functionalities this version adds to the Infotainment system.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Why do some vehicles get every new update and others continually say no update available. I got one OTA update last year to 18B and nothing further ever, yet...
I assume that 2019 and later model years are going to have more consistent updates. My 2017 got the 19B OTA and that's been it so far. We'll see if 20A comes to the earlier models via OTA or if we'll have to bug the dealer to get it installed.

Reactions: stbentoak

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I own a 2019 Jag FPace 25t Premium which currently has S18C_18.32.4-205602 as the Infotainment Software version.
Is there a way i can update the software or is this the latest version which my car already has?

Also i was seeing a software update, which when i clicked, it was showing Downloading New Version (which is just taking forever). Please see the attachment.

Thanks,
UD
Take it to the dealer. I took mine in for the update and it crashed my system board which the dealer replaced for free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Thanks,
UD
Hi,

Thanks,
UD
Were you able to get Android Auto and Car Play working?
I recently purchased a 2019 Fpace prem 25t that did not have the smartphone package originally and I am trying to find out if Jaguar offers this upgrade for free now. I just had my vehicle infotainment updated to 19C at the dealership and that didn't do it. I've read that there were complimentary upgrades but I believe it may have been for select specific models. (Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I am new to this and couldn't find the answer).

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hello, I recently purchased a 2019 Fpace 25t prem that didn't have the Smartphone package originally installed. The dealer updated my infotainment to 19C yesterday, and I still do not have AA/CP. Do you know if this requires additional parts installed for it to work as a retrofit? I'm at a loss and would love to have AA access.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe you just need to update the infotainment system which is what i did myself. I just connected my car to my WIFI and updated the software which you will find in setting>software update>infotainment update. You dont have to go to a dealer specifically for this. You just need a Wifi connection to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts