Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I search on AutoTrader for a few Fpaces to see how good is the new bigger gas tank 21.9. in fact, I found they increase up to 500miles a tank that's better than my 265 miles. here are the pics. so do you think we could be able to retrofit to old 2018 and 2017?

fpace gas tank.jpg

fule tank fpace.jpg

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
So I search on AutoTrader for a few Fpaces to see how good is the new bigger gas tank 21.9. in fact, I found they increase up to 500miles a tank that's better than my 265 miles. here are the pics. so do you think we could be able to retrofit to old 2018 and 2017?

View attachment 66633

View attachment 66635
I am getting approximately *400-miles per tank* in our 2017 *S* !!!
At *265-miles per tank* , you are achieving approximately *35% LESS* than I am !!!
So , *500-miles per tank* minus 35% , would be *325-miles per tank* !!!
That means you will get approximately *60-miles per tank* further than you used to !!!

You're Welcome !!!0:)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,363 Posts
At *265-miles per tank* , you are achieving approximately *35% LESS* than I am !!!
That means you will get approximately *60-miles per tank* further than you used to !!!

I thing he means for real driving. You know really using the gas petal. :D

When I picked up my car it said over 600 mi range. I’m only 108 miles in so far I’ll give some feed back after my first fill up.

DP

·
Registered
536 Posts

Cmon GR! You have to drive that baby! How in the world are you getting 400 miles per tank? Are you getting out and pushing it?;) I'm lucky to get 250 miles per tank.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Cmon GR! You have to drive that baby! How in the world are you getting 400 miles per tank? Are you getting out and pushing it?;) I'm lucky to get 250 miles per tank.
He is sitting in it, taking pics, the Pace is chained to the rear of his motorhome while his wife drives the camper :)

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
If you are using *16-gals* out of your *16.6-usable gallons* ,
then *250-miles divided by 16-gals* equals *15.6-mpg* !!!

If our F-PACE was only getting *15.6-mpg* , it would have been SOLD already !!!
We are achieving approximately *25-mpg* (CONSISTENTLY) !!! And to me , that's worthy of keeping !!!;)

I may or may not drive as *SPIRITED* as some of you folks , all the time , however , on occasion ,
I have left a traffic light , and watched the vehicles in my rear view mirror getting smaller & smaller . . . . . . . & smaller !!!>:)

That being said , I feel the need to share my *mpg's* , because I don't want NEW people that are viewing the Forum ,
to fall *out of love* with the F-PACE , because they think it is only going to get *15-16 mpg* !!!:)

Reactions: ttgautam

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,363 Posts
I may or may not drive as *SPIRITED* as some of you folks , all the time , however , on occasion ,
I have left a traffic light , and watched the vehicles in my rear view mirror getting smaller & smaller . . . . . . . & smaller !!!>:)

You know that Toyota Corolla’s and Prius don’t really count. :D

DP

·
Registered
75 Posts

How the heck you getting 400Miles out of a tank??

Best I ever got with hypermilling the car is 30Miles out of it (338miles actually driven, +22 still in the tank). And that's trying to baby the car constantly.

Normal driving nets me usually 320-330 miles per a tank of 93 Octane, 50/50highway/normal roads.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
How the heck you getting 400Miles out of a tank??

Best I ever got with hypermilling the car is 30Miles out of it (338miles actually driven, +22 still in the tank). And that's trying to baby the car constantly.

Normal driving nets me usually 320-330 miles per a tank of 93 Octane, 50/50highway/normal roads.
Do you live in , or anywhere near a BIG CITY ?
If so , then that answers your question !;)
Hey , at least you're doing better than the other guys . . . . . . . . they claim to only get 250-miles per tank !!!>:)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
With my 2017 on good weeks, I may crack 300 miles a tank, but that takes some highway driving and to support GR, Maryland highways, long runs on 50-55 mph two lane highways. Typically on interstates I'm in the 70 to 80 mph range and at that speed the F-Pace S doesn't do much better than 21 to 23 per gallon, but on those two lane 50 to 55 mph roads, where you really can't do much better than 60 and often are following someone going 55 or less, I find I can get up to 26 to 27 mpg. So I can believe that VR gets that mileage when she drives the F-Pace GR is talking about :).

If I don't get any highway driving in, well I'm down around 18mpg and even less if I'm lead footed that day from stop signs and lights!

Still love my F-Pace and to get back on topic, I am eager to get the new one with the bigger fuel tank, however, I would not expect with the V6 anything near 500 miles on a tank, probably more like the low 400s. With the inline 4 you may get close to 500 if it's mostly highway driving.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Are people doing manual calculations to determine miles per tank? I don't. What I do is when I fill it up, I look at the miles until empty number on the digital dash. That's my measuring stick for miles per tank. Typically, after a fill up, it reads high 280s to low 300s. it's closer to 300 or just above in the warm weather and/or when I have a lot of highway miles. It is closer to the 280s during the cold weather months.

Even if I had my woman push the car around while I sat in the car steering, I'm not sure I'd get another 100 miles out of each tank.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
It appears that some people are having a hard time GRASPING the idea ,
that the BEST WAY to get an ACCURATE measure of *Miles Per Tank* ,
is to :
1. write down your ODOMETER reading , the next time you fill-up

2. Make sure you fill it up till the pump clicks off

3. The next time you fill-up , write down the odometer reading , again

4. Make sure you fill it up till the pump clicks off , again

5. Now , subtract the old odometer reading from the new one ,
That will let you know how many miles you have been , *Miles Per Tank* !
But this number is only VALID , if you actually use the MAJORITY of the tank !
When we fill-up , it is usually between 15.5 and 16 gallons !

6. Now , take the number of miles you have been ,
and divide by the gallons you put in it this time !
That number will be your ACCURATE *Miles Per Gallon* !

I do not use any of the on-board computers , for my calculations !
As I believe they can fluctuate , and may not always be accurate !

To prove my point ,
when DP posted photos of his new 2019 ,
his *Miles To Empty* read *625* !
Now , he recently posted a video , and the odometer read *235* ,
yet the *Miles To Empty* read *91* !
And he even has a *21.7 gallon tank* ! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ???

Someone else posted that their *Miles To Empty* read *16* ,
however within a few miles , it said *0* !

·
Registered
933 Posts
It appears that some people are having a hard time GRASPING the idea ,
that the BEST WAY to get an ACCURATE measure of *Miles Per Tank* ,
is to :
1. write down your ODOMETER reading , the next time you fill-up

2. Make sure you fill it up till the pump clicks off

3. The next time you fill-up , write down the odometer reading , again

4. Make sure you fill it up till the pump clicks off , again

5. Now , subtract the old odometer reading from the new one ,
That will let you know how many miles you have been , *Miles Per Tank* !
But this number is only VALID , if you actually use the MAJORITY of the tank !
When we fill-up , it is usually between 15.5 and 16 gallons !

6. Now , take the number of miles you have been ,
and divide by the gallons you put in it this time !
That number will be your ACCURATE *Miles Per Gallon* !

I do not use any of the on-board computers , for my calculations !
As I believe they can fluctuate , and may not always be accurate !

To prove my point ,
Now , he recently posted a video , and the odometer read *289* ,
And he even has a *21.7 gallon tank* ! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ???

Someone else posted that their *Miles To Empty* read *16* ,
however within a few miles , it said *0* !
There is no way I'd ever do all of that. To compare apples to apples though, it would be nice to know what your "miles to empty" readout on the digital dash says after your next fill up - accurate or not.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There is no way I'd ever do all of that. To compare apples to apples though, it would be nice to know what your "miles to empty" readout on the digital dash says after your next fill up - accurate or not.
...all that?! MPG = (new mileage - old mileage)/fill up amount...use your phone or a piece of paper to track the last mile reading. That is about as simple as math gets.

The simplicity of that aside, the 'miles to empty' at any given point is pretty much useless. It calculates that with the latest mpg being reported (or some averaging). If one just did 100mi on the freeway, then expected to get the reported 'miles to empty' distance driving in the city...they're in for a painful lesson.

·
Registered
933 Posts
...all that?! MPG = (new mileage - old mileage)/fill up amount...use your phone or a piece of paper to track the last mile reading. That is about as simple as math gets.

The simplicity of that aside, the 'miles to empty' at any given point is pretty much useless. It calculates that with the latest mpg being reported (or some averaging). If one just did 100mi on the freeway, then expected to get the reported 'miles to empty' distance driving in the city...they're in for a painful lesson.
Yup...all that - as in something extra to do, not complexity. It's not that serious, and it's not worth my time.

But I am CURIOUS if my miles to empty readouts, which seem to be fairly consistent week to week, are in the same ballpark as others who have the same engine and model year.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've been getting +/- 210 miles per tank in my MY2018 30T, filling up only once I'm told I have 25 miles of range remaining. That's an MPG of about 15.

Now granted, my morning drive is a crawl into the city in stop and go traffic at 15 mph, with speeds never making it over 40 or so, and my evening drive is a series of jack-rabbited traffic lights with only about three miles of speeds over 50, but ugh. Much worse than I'd hoped.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I do not understand the obsessiveness of all of this, but I am a bit grump these days (GET OFF OF MY LAWN!).

You know, the miles left on the dash is an estimate and depends on your fuel consumption in that moment. You drive around town, it decreases faster, you start a highway trip, I have seen it stay the same for some time while it adjusts to the new MPGs and subsequent range.

Either way, gosh, why not simply fill it up when it gets below a quarter tank? Easy, right?

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Everyone can thank @theweeb and @EagleJag , for me taking the time to continue this conversation !;)
THANKS , theweeb !!! THANKS , EagleJag !!! >:)
theweeb made a comment that caught my attention , when he said "miles left , is an estimate" !
In our case , the *Miles To Empty* has actually been an UNDER-ESTIMATE ,
and an OVER-ESTIMATE !
And EagleJag asked me to share photos of our *Miles To Empty* !

Here are some photos I already shared , way back when this topic originally reared it's ugly head !

The first photo , shows *383 Miles To Empty* after filling up ,
and 17,679 miles on the odometer !

The second photo , shows *388 Miles To Empty* after the very next fill-up ,
and 18,076 miles on the odometer !

Now , stay with me EagleJag ,
this is where the complicated time consuming calculations take place !:D

If you take 18,076 miles , and subtract 17,679 miles , you will find that it equals *397 miles* !
THAT folks , is how many miles we went , on that particular tank of gas ! *397 miles per tank* !

So , now back to theweeb's comment about "estimate" !
The first *Miles To Empty* photo shows *383 Miles To Empty* ,
and as I have clearly displayed before you , we actually went *397 Miles* !
In my opinion , the car's computer calculation only being off by *14 Miles* , is not bad at all !

The third photo , shows *367 Miles To Empty* , and 7,440 miles on the odometer !

The fourth photo , shows *0 Miles To Empty* (this was BEFORE filling up) ,
and 7,799 miles on the odometer !

If you take 7,799 miles , and subtract 7,440 miles , it equals *359 miles* !
So we got *8 Miles* LESS than the computers original ESTIMATE of *367 Miles To Empty* !

Now , I have said this part before as well , but I guess I'll say it yet again !
Here is another VARIABLE to consider , when trying to figure out
*HOW MANY MILES PER TANK* you are getting !
How many GALLONS did it take to FILL-UP your Gas Tank ???
If you went 250-Miles between fill-ups , but it only took *11-12 Gallons* to fill it up ,
then you can NOT say that you only get *250 Miles PER TANK* !
Essentially , you got *250 Miles PER 3/4 of a TANK* !

FINAL THOUGHT :
Everyone's mileage is going to be different !
It all depends on your Driving Techniques , your Locale , the Temperature , Tire Inflation , etc . !
I merely share my information , so that people realize WHAT the F-PACE is capable of !

P.S. If theweeb thinks his *GRUMPY* old azz is going to scare me *OFF HIS LAWN* ,
then he can THINK AGAIN !!!>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Here is another photo , to prove CONSISTENCY ,
in getting *380+ Miles Per Tank* after fill-up !!!;)

Attachments

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,363 Posts
To prove my point ,
Now , he recently posted a video , and the odometer read *289* ,
And he even has a *21.7 gallon tank* ! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ?
I think you might have misread my odometer. As it sits in the driveway it shows 259 with a range 422

When I picked up my car it had 37 miles on it and the range was 626

I did a fill up today for the first time to the very top it took 19.2 gallons. The odometer was at 249 now I will see what the miles are next time I fill up.

The dealer gave me full tank I just don’t know how full. Since I picked up my car I have only driven around town mostly very short trips, averaging 5 miles or less. I have not been on the highway or gone farther than 9 miles in anyone trip so far.

So this First tank of gas my MPG is about 11.2. Now I will track it to see what it really is when I start to drive it more.

My 2017 had an issues with the fuel tank gauge 4 days befor when I traded it in. It was just under 1/4 tank and showed only a range of 5 miles. (I have a picture) Well after the 5 miles it showed 0 mile range for the next few days. The dealaer said they needed to recalibrate the fuel gauge and that is done via a computer hook up. The range to empty is nice when I’m on a long trip and doing consistent mileage. I like to see it for a guestamate, But I go by the fuel gauge.

I do expect my car to get a range of 530 on a highway trip with a full tank (plus a smal reserve left). Now I just drive it on a long trip to find out. Maybe after I break it in.

DP

1 - 20 of 33 Posts