Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems when you build a 2018 S model (US) and add the Black Package it automatically adds the Gloss Black roof rails. I like the Black Package but don't like the roof rails.

Is this something that just got changed with the 2018 S model (US)?

TO ADD THIS FEATURE
Choosing Black Package (Bodykit Pack), will result in the following changes to your configuration.

ADDING
  • Sliding panoramic roof with Gloss Black roof rails (Roof)

REMOVING
  • Sliding Panoramic roof (Roof)
Change to cost of car will be: $720

·
Registered
184 Posts
You could order the black pack without roof rails in the 2017.

I'd recommend getting the roof rails, they integrate really well into look of the car and they give you a ton of future options and will definitely be a requirement for a lot of people in deciding to buy a car or not.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You could order the black pack without roof rails in the 2017.

I'd recommend getting the roof rails, they integrate really well into look of the car and they give you a ton of future options and will definitely be a requirement for a lot of people in deciding to buy a car or not.
I agree with Pseudonym. Roof rails got added by accident to my order in 2017. After discussing it with the dealer, I'm now happy it happened. It does complete the black pack look and offers the ability to add roof racks for skis, bikes etc. This would likely be important in resale value.

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
218 Posts
That may be a mistake on the site. I know I definitely ordered my MY 18 with black pack and no roof rails. I didn't like the look of the black rails against the white car. If I had a darker color I would have ordered them, but not with the white.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah I meant requirement for potential future buyers of your used Jag.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wonder if it's a regional thing because I've noticed several here say they would matter at resale. I've been through a lot of cars and usually move them private and no one has ever mentioned roof racks to me when they've come to look at my cars. I can't even recall when I last saw a car with something on it's roof. Not that I don't agree with the above, on this particular car they integrate well, are not expensive, better to have and not need than need and not have, evidently in some areas it affects resale... :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
That may be a mistake on the site. I know I definitely ordered my MY 18 with black pack and no roof rails. I didn't like the look of the black rails against the white car. If I had a darker color I would have ordered them, but not with the white.
And I ordered my '18 white S with… guess that's why we all have our individual taste . 0:)

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
I wonder if it's a regional thing because I've noticed several here say they would matter at resale. I've been through a lot of cars and usually move them private and no one has ever mentioned roof racks to me when they've come to look at my cars. I can't even recall when I last saw a car with something on it's roof. Not that I don't agree with the above, on this particular car they integrate well, are not expensive, better to have and not need than need and not have, evidently in some areas it affects resale... :)
In Colorado it's a must have in my book. Also I'm not sure any aftermarket rack system would work with F Pace without roof rails and this wasn't always the case with other vehicles. It's an SUV or crossover or whatever people looking to buy this things down the road will probably skew towards some sort of activity requiring carrying equipment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I built an S model on the web site about a week ago and that wasn't there. Built another S model yesterday and it kept adding the roof rails. If they do come with the black package now you might have ordered before they made the change and hopefully won't get them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Order placed 4/18/17 w/ Black Pack, no rails. Received confirmation this week and everything appears as ordered - roof rails do not appear on the spec sheet (nor any additional charges). We shall see what shows up in October (or earlier, please).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts