Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed there are 14 Portfolios listed among the 18s on the JagUSA site. No pics yet, so they must be on trucks still but they are all Yulong White.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Noticed there are 14 Portfolios listed among the 18s on the JagUSA site. No pics yet, so they must be on trucks still but they are all Yulong White.

If I hadn't decided to order a 2017 S in early January and was still looking to purchase an F-Pace I most likely would go with the 2018 Portfolio. I remember reading early on that the Portfolio was only going to be available in white here in the US but the 2018 model Jaguar USA configurator initially let me chose any color for the Portfolio, so I assumed Jaguar had changed it's mind, but I haven't checked it lately. Anyone know for sure if Portfolio's are only coming in white here in the US?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original sales material said only white with the sienna tan interior but the configuration page lets you choose any color now. That was why I mentioned only whites listed as actual vehicles, seems to lend credence to the original scheme being correct, and an error on the configuration page.

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
The portfolio looks almost like the First Edition without the wrist band key but with heated and cooled seats.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The portfolio looks almost like the First Edition without the wrist band key but with heated and cooled seats.
The portfolio is just a hopped up prestige... the exterior is nothing like an S or FE. If you meant features wise than yes that would be right. :nerd:

Reactions: MKenM

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't relay on the web site for info regarding the Portfolio, at least for Canada. I tried to order a Portfolio and wanted to make some minor changes. My Rep said that Jaguar corporate ordered 100 of them for Canada with set options. Only exterior colour & interior seating colours were able to be changed. Estimated arrivals were Oct/Nov.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Don't relay on the web site for info regarding the Portfolio, at least for Canada. I tried to order a Portfolio and wanted to make some minor changes. My Rep said that Jaguar corporate ordered 100 of them for Canada with set options. Only exterior colour & interior seating colours were able to be changed. Estimated arrivals were Oct/Nov.
we just ordered a 18 portfolio & wanted to deleat the roof rack jags web site lets you pick sun roof with & with out rook rack the dealer said he called jag & they said web site is wrong it comes as a standard feature & you cannot deleat them. has any one ordered a portfolio with no roof rails?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wasted lots of time on Jag's config site tweaking options for the Portfolio. Jag Corp should get their act in line and make it clear that you can't make changes. The web config site has been there for months.

Talk about not getting the marketing details right. What else are they doing wrong that we don't know about?

·
Registered
268 Posts
i hear ya i spent 3 hours on the phone with my dealer & jag cust service trying to find out about the roof rails & all i got was why dont you want them they are free. i think they are ugly & if i can deleat them i would

·
Registered
62 Posts
Are we to assume this 'portfolio' is finally taking 'cheap' out of F-P interior?

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
589 Posts
Are we to assume this 'portfolio' is finally taking 'cheap' out of F-P interior?
Don't have a problem with the interior myself, but I see what you did there with the avatar. Nicely played sir!

·
Registered
268 Posts
we sat in a sport & a portfolio their is a big difference in the leather & foam in the seats the 20 way seats are nice as the side bolsters move in & out & the front leg area extends forward. cooled seats are a must have in S. florida their is also 4 zone ac so the back passengers have their own controls & more pleather on the center console not just hard plastic. i do like the exterior of the sport better but not the 2 tone seats. the day we get our portfolio its going to get the wheels window trim , side vents & rear valance blacked out

·
Registered
268 Posts
we still love this thing so glad we got one of the last v6 in the portfolio it looks so much better with the wheels & trim blacked out. just wish they would do a update to make it read your text messages & a wireless phone charger would be nice. **** chevy trucks have both of these options just sayin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we still love this thing so glad we got one of the last v6 in the portfolio it looks so much better with the wheels & trim blacked out. just wish they would do a update to make it read your text messages & a wireless phone charger would be nice. **** chevy trucks have both of these options just sayin
The newest ICTP updates (3.x and 17C ) introduce text messaging finally, so as soon as they figure out the glitches and rerelease the hold off 17C you can get text message support! And voice commands for nav too.
The wireless charger is a DIY alas.

·
Registered
268 Posts
im trying to find a wireless charging pad that will fit under the rubber mat in front of the shifter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all. Newbie here. Been driving a fully loaded X5 (tired of the boxy truck-like ride of the 2015 and the X3 is just boring) that's coming up on lease end soon. Spouse & I split our driving 50/50 between two vehicles so it's important we both like the SUV. Empty-nesters with a big dog. Other car is a MBZ E-class sedan so we test drove the GLE 350 and, well, it's a GLE 350. You've seen one, you've seen them all. You've driven one, and you think about driving back to the BMW dealer. One big vicious circle of boring.

Then we started noticing F-Pace's on the road. Full stop. What is that?!?

Have since been chasing the 2018 F-Pace Prestige for a week, we're now attempting to zero-in on the Portfolio. Unsure why those in the US right now are all exclusively Yulong White and ALL of them Yulong White w/Sienna interior. You'd think if this is a test market launch, they'd have selected something else. This White/Sienna probably won't be a fair test launch.

Only 1 Portfolio within 200 miles of us, so we're test driving it (a 35t) today or tomorrow. Just moved here from Boston and quite frankly, the Jaguar dealerships here are not as customer-friendly/driven as the BMW & MBZ dealerships are on both coasts IME. It might keep us from buying a Jag locally. I digress. Real point is this forum has been our primary source of specific info and we're grateful.

The new Portfolio interior seems like a worthwhile pursuit. If we could find other colors, we'd order online but there aren't any nation-wide it seems. Wondering how long it might take to special order!

·
Registered
268 Posts
by default the portfolio only come in white. if you want a color its a special order mine took just under 3 months to get here but they only come with a 4 cyl now.. only the s model has the v-6 motor but you cant get the upgraded leather seats in a s.

·
Registered
106 Posts
@ socalsully:

try the jag dealer in palm springs. i got mine there after poor service from other closer dealers. if you want a personal reference pm me and i will refer. They did a great job for me after very unsatisfactory customer service at other dealers.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
@ socalsully:

try the jag dealer in palm springs. i got mine there after poor service from other closer dealers. if you want a personal reference pm me and i will refer. They did a great job for me after very unsatisfactory customer service at other dealers.
If you want to make it an official *Mention* , of the members name ,
you have to delete the blank space between the @sign and the name ,
and also use CAPS where they use CAPS , and delete the colon after the name !:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
@SoCalSully try the jag dealer in palm springs. i got mine there after poor service from other closer dealers. if you want a personal reference pm me and i will refer. They did a great job for me after very unsatisfactory customer service at other dealers.

Thanks GRVR.

Reactions: GRVR
1 - 20 of 41 Posts