Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been listening to my skipping MP3 music for the last week. Today I went to lunch (gym) and as the music started to play, I hit a speed bump and then the music went silent from the usb drive. It would not come back on. After letting the car sit and restarted (after gym), I got a message the queue was corrupt. I've noticed that hitting bumps causes the music to skip, I have no idea how this is possible. I have taken the usb drive and now deleted all of the files with a bitrate of less than 128. I'll try again on the way home.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Is this music downloaded to the the F-Pace hard drive or are you playing off a USB drive connected to the USB port in the center console?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am playing the music from a usb drive in the center console. I have about 20GB on the stick. It has not skipped since i deleted some lower bitrate songs. I need a few days to be sure.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am playing the music from a usb drive in the center console. I have about 20GB on the stick. It has not skipped since i deleted some lower bitrate songs. I need a few days to be sure.
Hmm can someone explain how higher bitrate songs in a USB drive will skip upon going over a speed bump? Doesn't make sense. I got it if it's a CD. But USB drive?!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Have you tried another USB drive or your phone itself? Maybe its the USB stick that has the problem.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still getting a little bit of skipping when i first start the car up, but it has been pretty good. I still need more time. No issues with streaming from my iphone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts