Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 F Pace
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light in my 2018 F Pace 3.5t has come on approximately 6-7 times since I have owned the car since newly purchased In 2018. There is always a different reason and none of them have been related to the gas cap. Any other owners have similar problems.

Also, there always seems to be a new rattle or squeak every few months. They have all been repaired except the current squeak which appears to be coming from the driver side suspension although I can’t tell whether it’s front or rear. At least 2 attempts and repairs have failed.

Any similar experiences?
Love the car but it’s been a bit frustrating.

thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Our check engine light was on NO GAS CAP ISSUE, and is in for a fix, dealer said they have to check with Jaguar on the code...its been in for a week, so not sure what is the problem. Approx 21000 miles under warranty, 2017

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
O2 sensors are common issue. can you read codes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I highly suggest you invest in an OBDII scan tool (code reader) or go to autozone and they will read the codes for free if you get a check engine light...and that will tell you what is wrong with the vehicle ( may not be the root cause but it’s what the control unit diagnostics are saying). Better to be knowledgeable when the dealer tells you their own findings and hopefully that aligns with the code.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The check engine light in my 2018 F Pace 3.5t has come on approximately 6-7 times since I have owned the car since newly purchased In 2018. There is always a different reason and none of them have been related to the gas cap. Any other owners have similar problems.

Also, there always seems to be a new rattle or squeak every few months. They have all been repaired except the current squeak which appears to be coming from the driver side suspension although I can’t tell whether it’s front or rear. At least 2 attempts and repairs have failed.

Any similar experiences?
Love the car but it’s been a bit frustrating.

thanks
Been having the same problem for the past year. I think I’m on my fifth light coming on now. When I take it in this time I’m going to demand that they open a case with jaguar and dig deeper. Just like you it has been something different every time and I think it has something to do with the programming in the main computer. It’s like pulling teeth but I’m going to demand a new unit. With only two more years left on the warranty I want to make sure there’s a good paper trail so I don’t end up losing money years from now when I want to sale and that damn light is still on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts