Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! 2017 S - 21K miles here - purchased at 18K miles not long ago, and loving that F-Pace!

I recently noticed that after driving in S + Dynamic mode, although not particularly hard, the hood ends up super hot to the point I can barely touch the car, particularly on the driver side and around the side panel between the hood and the front wheel. There's also a mild burning smell around the car. This doesn't seem to happen when driving in normal D mode, where the front of the car can get warm but not so hot.

There is no coolant leak at this point... There was a coolant hose leak before but the dealer fixed it a few weeks ago, and the coolant level has been stable since then.

Do others have a similar experience on the 2017 S? Is that high temperature on the hood + side panel normal after driving in S + Dynamic with higher engine rpms, or should I be concerned?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
yes, when I had my S the hood did get hot during spirited driving. I wouldn't say it was too hot to touch however. How hot is the ambient temperature you are driving in. For me this was only really showed itself in the sweltering heat of summer. 85 plus Farenheit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it was only about 75-80F yesterday afternoon when I noticed the hood was so hot. I will do a test again tomorrow morning when it's a bit cooler outside. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts