Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I am sorry if this has been asked a million times or if I am accidentally carrying forward the stigma of jags being unreliable.

I am currently in the market for a luxury SUV around the $40000CAD range. Although I am also considering the 2017 BMW X5 Diesel (approx. 95000km), 2016 Range Rover Sport TD6 HSE (approx. 72000 km), or the 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (approx. 40000km), my heart is pretty set on getting a 2017 Jaguar F-Pace 20d (approx. 65000km). To be honest, I am ready to pull the trigger on the 20d, but the reliability stigma is kind of scaring me. I was wondering how the reliability of this car is and what issues you guys have encountered. From reading online, I have only common issues I have come across are the infotainment system failing and issues with auto start/stop. Are these issues as common as people make it out to be? Other than that, how is the mechanical/overall reliability? I plan to keep this car for at least 10 years so thats why I want to do my due diligence.

Also, does anyone have experience installing a new infotainment system? Considering the system is a bit dated/will definitely be dated in a couple years, I figured if it does throw its hands up at me, I could always swap it for an aftermarket one. This way, I wouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed/replaced by the dealer and would have something with more modern features. Does anyone have any experience with this? I found one online that seemed appealing that I inked below, but I couldn't find much customer reviews on it.

1056.99US $ 30% OFF|Car Multimedia Player Stereo GPS DVD Radio NAVI Navigation Android Screen System for Jaguar F Pace Fpace X761 2016~2019|Car Radios| - AliExpress

Finally, I would like to thank you guys in advanced. I am really excited to get a F-Pace (so bloody gorgeous, I can't stop staring at pictures online and watching YouTube videos on it) and join the Jaguar community. Any and all help and advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Reliability seems to actually be pretty good. There don't seem to be any consistent mechanical issues that get brought up. Just something here, something else there. Probably no different than many other brands/models. It's not like certain other brands where there are obvious, repeated weak items to watch for. It does seem that most of the reported problems are little annoying things with infotainment and comfort features. That said, I would be pretty hesitant to do full infotainment system upgrades. SOOOOO many systems of these cars are managed by the infotainment interface, I would be quite scared to mess with it. It's not like in the days of just swapping a different stereo head unit into a car. The infotainment controls/interfaces with all the user settings including seats, dash, climate, safety systems like lane departure and front collision, etc. Not saying it can't be done, but I bet it's far more complicated than most know. From what I've read, even just changing from the 8" ICT infotainment unit to the 10" ICTP unit is a massive undertaking that requires all kinds of software and set up things, not just pulling the unit it out of one and dropping it into another. I can only imagine what features might be wonky going to aftermarket. I'd say try to find one with the 10" In Control Touch Pro (ICTP) screen as it is the newer/better option and more likely to have updates/longer lasting tech before becoming outdated. I have the 8" (easily identified by the fact it has physical buttons on the sides) and it doesn't bother me at all. Actually kind of like having the physical buttons. But it has a few more limitations than the 10".

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
We've had ours for 4 years and have been 100% happy. I think the Ingenium diesels have been pretty dependable with few problems. We get 35- 40 MPG with ours and roll right along with all traffic. I'd try to get as long as possible of warranty, even if you had to buy it, especially if it covers the emissions system. That is diesels weakest link, and usually shows up anywhere from 70-100K miles and could be expensive to fix. May or may not happen... I plan on keeping mine after 5/60 and fingers crossed it goes on for another 3-5 years....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts