Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my F Pace last week and it's a head turner! so far I really love it but of course there are some annoyances:

1. The auto start/stop feature...hate it...i forget to turn it off when I start the car.
2. Why isn't the parking aid automatic? I have to enable it each time.
3. I have more than 6 preset music stations but when flipping through them the system doesn't go to the "next page" automatically.
4. Still trying to figure out the sunroof open/close functions. Sometimes when the close button is pressed (all the way down) the roof doesn't completely close. It stops when I let off the button.

Other than those annoyances, I LOVE this car. It's so fun to drive (I'm glad I got the V6) and to see people's reactions trying to figure out what it is is funny. The feature of holding your finger on the outside door handle to close all the windows and sunroof is so amazing to me (it's the liitle things). And, even the Jaguar light on the side view mirrors is dope to me...lol.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I bought my F Pace last week and it's a head turner! so far I really love it but of course there are some annoyances:

1. The auto start/stop feature...hate it...i forget to turn it off when I start the car.
2. Why isn't the parking aid automatic? I have to enable it each time.
3. I have more than 6 preset music stations but when flipping through them the system doesn't go to the "next page" automatically.
4. Still trying to figure out the sunroof open/close functions. Sometimes when the close button is pressed (all the way down) the roof doesn't completely close. It stops when I let off the button.

Other than those annoyances, I LOVE this car. It's so fun to drive (I'm glad I got the V6) and to see people's reactions trying to figure out what it is is funny. The feature of holding your finger on the outside door handle to close all the windows and sunroof is so amazing to me (it's the liitle things). And, even the Jaguar light on the side view mirrors is dope to me...lol.

First off, congrats!! Please post some pictures when you get the chance!

1. There is a thread here you can search for to permanently disconnect the AS/S if you hate it and don't ever plan on using it. It is just a wire to disconnect, seems straightforward and many have done it and been very happy with the results.
2. Not sure what system you have (ICT or ICTP) or if it is an option for the 17's, but I just yesterday figured out how to turn on the parking aids so they are on by default for my 18 Prestige. I have ICTP (the big screen with no buttons) and when I manually turned on the front parking aids and am on the screen with image of the car, hit the little gears in the bottom corner for settings. There is an option for them to be on by default.

Glad you have joined us! Enjoy the forum! :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
... Why isn't the parking aid automatic? I have to enable it each time...
On my ICT system, the "P" button lights up when the parking aids are enabled and the car thinks you are parking (moving slowly and/or backing up). I hit the button to turn off the light, not realizing that this disabled the auto-on feature. Anyway, hit the button to turn it back on, and it *should* turn itself on and off at the right times.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats!

We love ours (I was driving it and now my wife took it over, haha - for smoother ride due to the baby in the back seat).

AS/S is fine for me but my wife always turns it off. Just a matter of preference. Would be good to have a way to turn it off for longer periods of time.

I have had no issues with the parking aids, but MTGRL has the right suggestion.

You have to 'star' the stations you want to be able to go through when using the steering and dash controls. Presets are great, but in order for it to go there when pressing (vice just tuning to the next station), the star icon has to be added as a favorite. I did this and got all my stations to go through in order when I use the controls. Should be the same method for both ICTP and ICT (touch screen - just hit the star and ensures it is filled).

I have found the sunroof opens all the way with one press, but doesn't always close all the way with one press. Depends on timing (how long the button is held for) and what you did when you opened it, I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts