Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife stopped for gas and locked the vehicle keeping the key FOB in her pocket. When she went to unlock the door with the key FOB it would not unlock. The hatch and lock buttons would work, but not the unlock. She called me and I brought the other FOB with me and it had the same result. I manually unlocked the door with the FOB key. I had no trouble starting the F-Pace. When I got the vehicle home I was able to use the FOB to lock the doors, but neither FOB would unlock the vehicle doors. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?

· Administrator
1,941 Posts
First and easiest is to park the car, lock the doors and wait about 20-30 minutes, then see if the car unlocks. If that does not work the second thing to try is to disconnect the battery for about the same time. That should let all the cars electronics reboot when the battery is reconnected. Let us know if either works for you.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First and easiest is to park the car, lock the doors and wait about 20-30 minutes, then see if the car unlocks. If that does not work the second thing to try is to disconnect the battery for about the same time. That should let all the cars electronics reboot when the battery is reconnected. Let us know if either works for you.
Locking the doors didn't work for me. I disconnected the battery for a few, and now seems to be working ok. I sure would like to know what caused the issue. Thanks for your help and input.

· Registered
21 Posts
As silly as this may sound, open the FOB, take the battery out for about 30 seconds and then put the battery back in and try it. Sometimes the FOB may need to call home again and re-establish the connection. This happened with my previous vehicle and never had the issue again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts