Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:We bought out 2017 F-Pace in June of 2016. Love the car! It's had it's share of recalls and warranty stuff but nothing disabling. The real sour grapes is working with Jaguar USA. We understood we had a service policy for 5 years. We didn't not take the car in in June 2017 as it only had 2300 miles on it and we're out of the country. When we got back, we started the car and the service announcement displayed so we took it over the following week for the oil change and first service. The good news was they will do it the bad news is since our service interval expired we're on the hook for the service. 300.00. The service manager said the previous week Jaguar USA clamped down on tardy service but we could call and they would probably help! Not! They were rather indignant and indifferent to the fact we only had 2300 miles on the freaking car. Dealing with a "clerk" who read off a cue card and had no clue. That moved upstream but with no luck. If this was so important, you can 1) text the info or 2) send a service soon card or 3) email. Instead we get beat over the head and treated unreasonably by some off-shore cue card reading, clueless elephant breath knucklehead. Not what I would expect from an up and coming rebirth of a problematic company.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Since you were out of the country when your 1 year anniversary arrived, they certainly could make an exception for you. I would keep trying and get your dealer to intervene on your behalf, or just comp you for the service. Hopefully they're the dealer you purchased from. My 1 year is coming up in December and I've been getting an alert in the car and in the Jaguar Remote App for the last couple of weeks. Hard to miss, but I was expecting it, although not this early.

·
Super Moderator
1,487 Posts
My dealer was very explicit about this with us. They even mentioned that we'd lose the warranty coverage if we didn't adhere to the timeline.

·
Registered
57 Posts
:eek:We bought out 2017 F-Pace in June of 2016. Love the car! It's had it's share of recalls and warranty stuff but nothing disabling. The real sour grapes is working with Jaguar USA. We understood we had a service policy for 5 years. We didn't not take the car in in June 2017 as it only had 2300 miles on it and we're out of the country. When we got back, we started the car and the service announcement displayed so we took it over the following week for the oil change and first service. The good news was they will do it the bad news is since our service interval expired we're on the hook for the service. 300.00. The service manager said the previous week Jaguar USA clamped down on tardy service but we could call and they would probably help! Not! They were rather indignant and indifferent to the fact we only had 2300 miles on the freaking car. Dealing with a "clerk" who read off a cue card and had no clue. That moved upstream but with no luck. If this was so important, you can 1) text the info or 2) send a service soon card or 3) email. Instead we get beat over the head and treated unreasonably by some off-shore cue card reading, clueless elephant breath knucklehead. Not what I would expect from an up and coming rebirth of a problematic company.
Figures. I'm about 6 weeks late of my 1 yr anniversary date. I have an apt now for next Thurs. Never occurred to me that this would be a problem. I remember reading the Elite Care coverage. The hard 1 month anniversary grace period just didn't sink in my peewee skull. Bummer. I've got a whole 5100 on the odometer, took her in at 3000 for an oil change out of pocket ( I know, not necessary with the synthetics they use nowadays, just old habit). I figure I'll skip the oil change this time around and try to keep the tab below 200. I figure it's on my for not reading carefully enough. I'm just sorry that you got snagged into calling Jag USA for assistance dbrakeman. What's the deal w/them anyhow? Whenever I've called them they refer you back to your local dealership for answers...or lack thereof. It would serve JLR much better if they offered no contact info for Jaguar USA rather than introducing new owners or perspective owners with the experience of dealing with those people.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I wasn't aware of this rule either until I saw this mentioned on a post a few months ago (thank you, forum). So I made sure that I made my appointment on time. But I'm not a fan of this rule at all and could see how it could cause problems with customers who travel for extended periods of time. Also, sometimes life just happens - surgeries, illnesses, childbirth, hurricanes, whatever - which makes it not possible to bring the car in during the specified 60-day window.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts