Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got my vehicle back from the dealership for a between service oil change, and it is doing something it wasn't before I brought it in. When I come to a full stop the front end will slouch, or drop down about an inch. It actually doesn't really dip until I have been sitting still for about a second. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently bought a 2016 F pace. It's front end dips a little during braking, and then levels up when it's stopped completely. Changing between normal and dynamic suspension setting makes no diffrence. As I did not own the car from new, thus am not sure if that's how the suspension is designed/setup, or simply a design fault, or worn shock absorbers. Anyone else who could tell their stories?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Dipping while braking should not be a problem. That is normal for the most part, especially if you are braking hard. However, dipping after you are stopped is a bit weird with an F-Pace front suspension. If it was a Range Rover with an air suspension, you might say it could be a problem there, however the F-Pace doesn't have that, so a dip after stopped is a bit strange. There is a ride level sensor up front and out back, but that is used for the shocks while cornering and using dynamic mode. Jakebang3, does it do this dip after you stopped in all suspension settings?

Reactions: Cat Lady
1 - 3 of 3 Posts