Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys, I have 2012 X5 35D now and was looking at 2015-2016 Range Rover Sport, dealer sold the one I was interested in and they have a 2017 f-pace 35t r sport CPO with 40k miles. Is this a good buy as far as reliability goes? I know it has warranty for the next few years but don’t want to be going to the dealer all the time. A buddy of mine who works at a different JLR dealer said to stay away from Jag and rather get a higher mileage RRS as Jaguars even though having the same engine and a lot of parts tend to have more problems. Is that the case?

Thank you!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Some ‘17s had a few quirks. At 40k miles, things should have worked themselves out by now. See if you can get a service history to make sure. Jags have had some gremlins w/ the electronics, but it’s the same unit in LRs, so not sure there’s any reliability difference. I think you can disregard mechanics when it comes to choosing between a vehicle x yrs older with y more miles, especially w/ a CPO to back you up. Supercharged R Sport is a lot of fun. RRS has the very best coachwork, but the Jag is no slouch. I’d get the Jag, but my wife would be mad we didn’t get the RR.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
It really depends on how close your dealer is #1 and what kind of warranty you get with the CPO #2. Neither vehicle is a Honda pilot in terms of utter dependability. If it were my only, everyday MUST go, can't let me down vehicle, I wouldn't pick either one of these 2. If you have flexibility and can deal with occasional issues... I'd buy the CPO just for the warranty...

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace 35t Prestige - BRG on Latte, Tech pack, 20" Wheels
9 Posts
I've heard the exact opposite regarding Jaguar F-Pace vs. RRS reliability. Also, keep in mind the RRS weighs a lot more and has more to go wrong (air suspension in particular).

For my money I chose a 2017 F-Pace 35T CPO back in early December 2020 and the first 2000 miles or so have been delightful :)

One last thing to keep in mind vs your X5 Diesel is that the F-Pace 35T gas mileage sucks and the '17 - '18 models have small fuel tanks. The small tank is my one regret about getting the earlier model. A TD6 Range Rover Sport is probably the more logical choice if you want a 450+ mile range. I'm lucky to break 300 per tank in the Jag on a long highway trip, around town I'm filing up about every 200 miles.

·
Registered
2017 3L V6 35t R Sport Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV
23 Posts
I have had no issues after 6 months with my ‘17 35T R-Sport which I picked up with 27K miles (Not a CPO). It has 2 years warranty and 3 free services left on it. The only thing it needed was the first ICTP upgrade (free) and I have been getting over the air upgrades since. It does great in the snow too. I’m really happy with it, and the velocity tune made it even better. I can see me hanging onto this one for a long time, or until I can find a way to the ‘21 SVR model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts