Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey, I picked up my Ultimate Black Metallic F-pace last night and can't wait to get started personalizing it. I thought it would be advantageous to put all of this into one thread rather than a new thread each time I made a modification.

These are the changes I plan to make, and the order I plan to make them.

1. Debadge rear (remove 35t AWD, remove F-Pace, and maybe remove the JAGUAR text )
  2. Ceramic coating on all exterior painted surfaces
  3. Add 35% tint to front windows (this should be done mid-week)
  4. Install Mina Gallery All Black Main Grille + Mina Gallery Black Fender Louvers (these should be delivered this week and I hope to install next weekend)
  5. Wrap exterior chrome window trim (in gloss black vinyl)
  6. Velocity AP tune
  7. H&R or Arden lowering springs
  8. Varro VD08 Matte Silver 22x9 wheels (to be ceramic coated upon installation)
  9. Paint Calipers
  10. Exhaust (Velocity AP dual or Arden quad)
  11. UK spec LED headlights (to replace my US spec LED headlights with amber reflector)
Stay tuned :)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,372 Posts
please take pictures or videos with sound (for exhaust) as you move along

DP

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey hey, I picked up my Ultimate Black Metallic F-pace last night and can't wait to get started personalizing it. I thought it would be advantageous to put all of this into one thread rather than a new thread each time I made a modification.

These are the changes I plan to make, and the order I plan to make them.

1. Debadge rear (remove 35t AWD, remove F-Pace, and maybe remove the JAGUAR text )
  2. Ceramic coating on all exterior painted surfaces
  3. Add 35% tint to front windows (this should be done mid-week)
  4. Install Mina Gallery All Black Main Grille + Mina Gallery Black Fender Louvers (these should be delivered this week and I hope to install next weekend)
  5. Wrap exterior chrome window trim (in gloss black vinyl)
  6. Velocity AP tune
  7. H&R or Arden lowering springs
  8. Varro VD08 Matte Silver 22x9 wheels (to be ceramic coated upon installation)
  9. Paint Calipers
  10. Exhaust (Velocity AP dual or Arden quad)
  11. UK spec LED headlights (to replace my US spec LED headlights with amber reflector)
Stay tuned :)

View attachment 72080
That's very similar to the completed list on my prestige. I'm curious to hear how your headlight mod comes out.
The mods i have done are endless so I'd be remiss if not saying to expect some challenges along the way. It's fun to add, here's my list...

-I went with the Velocity crank pulley and tune
-quicksilver exhaust, sounds so good. To date my favourite non aesthetic mod.

-Painted everything that was cladding outside BRG and installed black wrap on front bumper

-installed fog lights

- bought used black 22's helix

-painted calipers red with decals.

- added some interior ambient lighting and bought too many interior trim pieces to mention.

- made some treadplates that illuminate. Came out nice, I still have a set if you're interested in that.

-made a wireless charger that looks OEM

-recently put some thinkware dashcams in aswell.
It's a long list over 2 years, but still love that ride as much as any I've ever had. I don't have pics that are too recent but here are a few. You know how a Prestige comes OEM anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You ride is looking gorgeous man! Well damn done.

Did you do the pulley install yourself? I can manage with tune install at my house but not too sure about the pulley. Seems like it may be over my pay grade.

Do you have any sound clips? I'd love to hear it. I want something aggressive but not obnoxious. I live on a small island and don't want to stand out TOO much.

-installed fog lights

Where did you get the fog lights? Any pictures of the install?

Notice any difference in ride quality? Have you considered lowering springs at all?

- added some interior ambient lighting and bought too many interior trim pieces to mention.

What did you do to add the ambient lighting? I did this to my XF and it ended up looking pretty cheap after a year or so.
What interior trim pieces did you buy? I really am not a big fan of the flimsy, black shiny plastic bits on the dash and would love to replace them if there are options to do so!

- made some treadplates that illuminate. Came out nice, I still have a set if you're interested in that.

Very interested! Check PM.

What types of snags did you run into along the way that I can look forward to? Anything preventable?

·
Registered
566 Posts
You ride is looking gorgeous man! Well damn done.
Thanks man, much appreciated

Did you do the pulley install yourself? I can manage with tune install at my house but not too sure about the pulley. Seems like it may be over my pay grade.
Mine is an 18' so borrowed a CMD tool as it's on the newer FlexRay, can't use a purchased handheld. Either way tune is straightforward and idiot proof.
I had a shop put on the pulley and reinstalled tune. Was easier than people said, but I did have some complications re: proper belt size. Nevertheless the output is awesome and eith 455hp and 430 lb ft feels more like a V8 than a v6.

Do you have any sound clips? I'd love to hear it. I want something aggressive but not obnoxious. I live on a small island and don't want to stand out TOO much.
I don't and I agree they are hard to find. However, one Fpace member is online and he does a comparison in his garage, I feel like that is very accurate. On youtube. It sounds very deep and not overly loud. In ECO its amlmost off, no one in a neighborhood would ever know it's aftermarket, which I really like.
The sound is incredible, I wish I had done this first as it makes the aj126 sound like it's rich with a baritone sound.
Again I got this used with 1500km summer for 1/3 if the price. I jumped and bought. Very happy.
-installed fog lights

Where did you get the fog lights? Any pictures of the install?
Not the easiest, but well worth your trouble. I bought new set off Ebay for $150 from Germany I think. Bumper came completely off, as it's all one piece that can't be removed independently. Painted the lower cladding while putting in the lights. Per wire, I tapped into front headlights rather than run a new toggle.
My main concern was it would be difficult to make the switch completely OEM look, always a goal.
The lights were perfect for where I live and despite having the LED lighting, ( I feel should be standard) I just want able to see the lower elements of the foggy roads. They can be adjusted if your mount is even slightly off.
I'll look for front shot but nothing crazy here. They just fit the cutouts and look the exact same as any Portfolio models.

Notice any difference in ride quality? Have you considered lowering springs at all?
No not much, but over a bigger bump they are more harsh, not much, but I think more. Everything else, including smaller bumps the adaptive dampening takes care of. Far better than the additional sidewall of the 255 50r 20 do. Handles far superior at higher speeds.
Per lowering I considered. A member on here is very knowledgable, especially lowering as he's done on his original 2017 FE and his new 2019 SVR. I spoke with him when he was selling his H&R set. He would be a better source. I was detracted by the harshness of the lowering springs from larger bumps.
I personally decided that the practicality would be compromised and decided against.

What did you do to add the ambient lighting? I did this to my XF and it ended up looking pretty cheap after a year or so.
What interior trim pieces did you buy? I really am not a big fan of the flimsy, black shiny plastic bits on the dash and would love to replace them if there are options to do so!

I added both EL lighting and LED lighting on the dash, in the font console pockets, under the seats, in the boot etc.
I bought most off Aliexpress and fastened. All pieces would be standard with S or SVR. I bought for cheap but as they are totally aesthetic they look 100% identical. Look on Ali and all options show up. Very cheap and easy for those with less premium models. The lighting is tedious and I want it perfect so it may not be worth your effort but it looks OEM and comes on in conjunction with my interior lights. I have a remote where I can change how bright and what colour, but I keep with the phosphorus blue.
I have considered wrapping the interior dark wood in a wrap but it goes so well with my tan interior and i do like the traditional british Theme that decided it won't improve the look for me.

Very interested! Check PM.
I will.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Danke,

So I've gone down the road you are starting down with my 2017 S before I traded it for the SVR. A lot of fun mods for sure. Here are some suggestions from my side:

- I went with the H&R springs, but if you have the extra coin, I would suggest going with the KW setup for the F-Pace. I don't know if my springs had a one off issue from H&R but as you see from the pics attached, my 2017 dropped quite a bit in the back compared to the front with the H&Rs. I though the back drop was a little too much. Also, the ride in the back, while great over small pavement cracks and potholes, was horrible across bigger ones as the rear would end up hitting the bump stops. The KWs give you a little more control on the drop to avoid hitting the bump stops over bigger potholes in the rear. I should note with my SVR, I have not done anything to it right now with suspension. I'm afraid of messing the ride and handling up. I also think you'll get a better overall ride with the KWs all around as well.

- With the exhaust, I've gotta go with RedRooters recommendation on the Quicksilver. I was very happy with my Quicksilver. I traded the car with it on it. I put over 30k on the Quicksilver exhaust and for the most part that exhaust looked like the day I purchased it. Only the hanger hooks had rusted a bit. The sound was also awesome. Not SVR awesome but the best V6 sound I've heard for sure.

- wheels and tires. I've been through these pretty heavily. I've done tons of research and measuring and I can tell you specifically what will fit front and rear and what offsets you'll need if you want the guidance. I'll be happy to help. 22x9s are not much wider than the stock wheels. I can tell you that you can easily go with 22x10s all around with at least 285/35 22 rubber. I ran 22x10.5s ET 35 with 285/35 22 rubber on my 2017. I've run the same setup on my SVR for a while as well, but I'm now back to the stock SVR wheels for the winter. One the ride and rim size, I've had a few loaner F-Paces with 20s and while the ride was noticeably softer, it wasn't substantially better. I also think the F-Pace looks much more aggressive with 22s on it. I think the aggressive look is what you are looking for with all your black mods. I would strongly recommend going with 22s you won't be disappointed.

Have fun modifying. Here are some shots of my 2017. Note the one with the 2017 in the water is lowered, the one of the 2017 on asphalt is not. You'll see the difference that I'm talking about. I also threw in a shot of the SVR.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
- I went with the H&R springs, but if you have the extra coin, I would suggest going with the KW setup for the F-Pace. I don't know if my springs had a one off issue from H&R but as you see from the pics attached, my 2017 dropped quite a bit in the back compared to the front with the H&Rs. I though the back drop was a little too much. Also, the ride in the back, while great over small pavement cracks and potholes, was horrible across bigger ones as the rear would end up hitting the bump stops. The KWs give you a little more control on the drop to avoid hitting the bump stops over bigger potholes in the rear. I should note with my SVR, I have not done anything to it right now with suspension. I'm afraid of messing the ride and handling up. I also think you'll get a better overall ride with the KWs all around as well.

I'm looking into the Lumma springs (€319), Arden springs (€435) or Hamann (€474) too. I've not seen any reviews on any of them though. Have you? I'm having a hard time justifying spending $1000 + install on the KW springs.

- With the exhaust, I've gotta go with RedRooters recommendation on the Quicksilver. I was very happy with my Quicksilver. I traded the car with it on it. I put over 30k on the Quicksilver exhaust and for the most part that exhaust looked like the day I purchased it. Only the hanger hooks had rusted a bit. The sound was also awesome. Not SVR awesome but the best V6 sound I've heard for sure.

I think I will be going with QuickSilver after hearing this from both of you that seems to have ample experience with them.

- wheels and tires. I've been through these pretty heavily. I've done tons of research and measuring and I can tell you specifically what will fit front and rear and what offsets you'll need if you want the guidance. I'll be happy to help. 22x9s are not much wider than the stock wheels. I can tell you that you can easily go with 22x10s all around with at least 285/35 22 rubber. I ran 22x10.5s ET 35 with 285/35 22 rubber on my 2017. I've run the same setup on my SVR for a while as well, but I'm now back to the stock SVR wheels for the winter. One the ride and rim size, I've had a few loaner F-Paces with 20s and while the ride was noticeably softer, it wasn't substantially better. I also think the F-Pace looks much more aggressive with 22s on it. I think the aggressive look is what you are looking for with all your black mods. I would strongly recommend going with 22s you won't be disappointed.

I'm definitely going with 22s, just need to figure out the rest. I appreciate the offer of assistance and I will 100% take you up on it. I do not know much about wheels and I have made one or two less-than-desirable choices before.

Have fun modifying. Here are some shots of my 2017. Note the one with the 2017 in the water is lowered, the one of the 2017 on asphalt is not. You'll see the difference that I'm talking about. I also threw in a shot of the SVR.

Your old and new rides are both gorgeous man and yes, the front to rear drop difference is very noticable and would have driven me nuts too.

I'm also considering the Mina Gallery pulley upgrade ($275). Anyone used that yet?

·
Registered
566 Posts

I'm looking into the Lumma springs (€319), Arden springs (€435) or Hamann (€474) too. I've not seen any reviews on any of them though. Have you? I'm having a hard time justifying spending $1000 + install on the KW springs.

I think I will be going with QuickSilver after hearing this from both of you that seems to have ample experience with them.

I'm definitely going with 22s, just need to figure out the rest. I appreciate the offer of assistance and I will 100% take you up on it. I do not know much about wheels and I have made one or two less-than-desirable choices before.

Your old and new rides are both gorgeous man and yes, the front to rear drop difference is very noticable and would have driven me nuts too.

I'm also considering the Mina Gallery pulley upgrade ($275). Anyone used that yet?
Per Mina, im gonna go with a hard NO, you'll regret that.
I can't write everything here, its just too much info. I can only again suggest to do your research!
I can honestly say that I completley exhausted every possible source before I even began discussions with F-Type guys, those who had done mods on the same AJ126 and 133 (same block).
I pulled the trigger on my tune and then a year later my pulley after many many hours of reading. It will take you some time before understanding these engine mods, there is many things to be aware of.
Having your engine fail and pleading ignorance is not a position you want to be in.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Debadged the rear end today.

I have done this to all of my previous cars and it is always a PITA. However, this time I used a 3M Adhesive Eraser Wheel. Maaaaaan, that thing is excellent. Makes removing adhesives a breeze!

(forgot to take a picture before removing the "35t" badge

Debadging F-Pace [before].jpg Debadging F-Pace [after].jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Placed my order for the Quicksilver exhaust!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Danke,

I think you'll be very happy! Great sound with the V6.

Reactions: danke

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exhaust arrived today and it looks pretty nice! Some of the welds could be a bit better but overall it's well made.

I also read some where it suggested that you cut clots in the end of the pipe to assist in fitting it over the OEM pipe. It seems as though QuickSilver has started doing this themselves which definitely made me happy.

Photo Feb 04, 12 10 51 PM.jpg Photo Feb 04, 12 10 19 PM.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I had the two front windows tinted today with 35% CTX Llumar film. Looks great. I'll try and take some pics tomorrow.

I also purchased an Intake Tube Kit from Mina Gallery today which I hope to install this weekend.

Purchased some H&R springs too :D :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installed the Mina Gallery Performance Intake Tube today. Took about 20-30 mins. Super easy.

Photo Feb 08, 10 59 01 AM.jpg Photo Feb 08, 11 01 48 AM.jpg Photo Feb 08, 11 30 59 AM.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
448 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Love it! If there are any adverse criticisms, please post quickly, before I order one!
None at all. Go for it!

I installed the QuickSilver exhaust system today.

The install was very simple. Only one bolt and two hangers on each side. Took 45 minutes total. It sounds great.

However, the set screws on the exhaust tips would not go in far enough to make contact with the exhaust pipe. It seems as if the welded on nut is off-center with the hole on the exhaust pipe. ?

I've contacted QuickSilver and will await their response.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: QuickSilver is sending out new tips to me today, free of charge :)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,372 Posts
Things are moving right along.

Reactions: danke
1 - 20 of 38 Posts