Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks
There are several XF lurkers like me on here, because mainly JLR sold only 50 or XFs with ICTP in the last 3 years. We have all gravitated here for advice.
First, two weeks ago, I got a letter from JLR telling me that I am eligible for a free upgrade to ICTP, I was like YEAH, finally AA and ACP! I was going to make an appointment after Thanksgiving to get it done.
Second, Saturday evening, I got a cryptic "OTA update pending" message on my ICTP and being scared of my car shutting down while driving, I dismissed it. I have a 2016 XF R Sport with the ICTP and never seen an OTA update, ever! I tried to find it again when I got home, but could not (hooked up car to home wi fi, used update button (which has never worked) and nothing happened. Nothing on Sunday either
Then I got the message again on Monday AM, I clicked "yes" and over a series of drives, it said, "downloading" and then two more days of "installing" It finished installing on Wed night, and nothing happened!
Thursday AM, I get into the car and the home wallpaper has been replaced and I have Android Auto!! Blew my mind! I have been playing with it all evening!

Thanks to you all!
20191119_174053.jpg
20191119_180038.jpg
20191120_074809.jpg

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Congrats, the XF is a beautiful car. I was considering it for my next vehicle when my wife and I decided to trade who was going to drive the family SUV. Hence me ending up with a F-Pace!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Interesting that you had to wait for the message to popup again. Congrats on the getting the latest update.
DP

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
If the OP received the LATEST update , then WHY wouldn't it say 19B , instead of just 18B ???

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
If the OP received the LATEST update , then WHY wouldn't it say 19B , instead of just 18B ???
good catching I was thinking that he went from 18B to 19B, however now I see what you mean.

DP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
I noticed that the update numbers are different also. I'm not sure if the XFs have different version numbers or not, or if Jag is going to push version 19 down in the future. The OTA update button says I have the latest software and no updates available. Unfortunately, our local dealer really doesn't have a clue about this kind of thing, and asking about just elicits confusion. Either way, I am happy that AA is working for me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts