Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI

JLR has halted over the air telematics updates. To many issues with effecting other aspects the updates control like starting etc. Some ECU were getting bricked.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Oh Boy. They really need to get a better Quality Control Process. My guess is that the Software Updates done by dealerships before they got to the OTA process ended up leaving cars in many different software configurations and even though you might be on 18B/C or whatever was needed to get a Software update, the underlying modules may have not all been updated appropriately. I think many of us saw that during the Dealership upgrade cycles back in 2017 and 2018.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got my car back form the dealer getting my maps updated and update the customer personalization features (wanted all of them set to enable) like the timed washer, and Passive arming. I had them look at my ICTP since there was no version number under the lower section in update. (Telematics unit) it’s just blank. I got my car back, everything is working well, still no version number under the telematics.

DP

·
F Pace Expert
2,625 Posts
Ummm, beg to differ with you on this, my sources say they are using over the air update daily on many vehicles and there has been no halt to over the air updates. Jaguar has been moving to different IT infrastructure and from time to time systems have been temporarily unavailable while platform transitions or maintenance underway.

if you have any concrete documentation that says different please post.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ummm, beg to differ with you on this, my sources say they are using over the air update daily on many vehicles and there has been no halt to over the air updates. Jaguar has been moving to different IT infrastructure and from time to time systems have been temporarily unavailable while platform transitions or maintenance underway.

if you have any concrete documentation that says different please post.
well I can’t post JLR confidential documents however I can tell you with complete certainty there is a hold on over the air right now.

DP

·
F Pace Expert
2,625 Posts
Weird because there is not in Colorado. Over the air updates happening every day in Denver.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I think my telematics unit says 14.2 but I'll have to check again tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
166 Posts
Haven’t rec’d an update since November 8, 2019. Currently on v. S19B_19.40.4-436082.
That is the last update I received too, just not sure of the date it updated but sometime in November. Does yours still show the date it was updated last? Mine used to but now shows "Not available"

·
Registered
19 Posts
my car was delivered to me a month ago on 19a. The dealer says that some updates are too big for over the air. When I check for update it says it is it something like no update available.

·
Registered
91 Posts
my car was delivered to me a month ago on 19a. The dealer says that some updates are too big for over the air. When I check for update it says it is it something like no update available.
My SOTA updates were from 18D to 19A and from 19A to 19B.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am on 19c which was halted.
If you scroll down on the Release Notes-Site, 19c don't show up anymore :)
that what I have been saying there is an issue and when its fix it should resume. However its on hold for now.

DP

·
F Pace Expert
2,625 Posts
Interesting to hear confirmation that 19C is halted. Apparently earlier versions are still being OTA updated, or at least are being OTA updated for PDI process and other dealer activity. Anyone getting earlier updates recently?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting to hear confirmation that 19C is halted. Apparently earlier versions are still being OTA updated, or at least are being OTA updated for PDI process and other dealer activity. Anyone getting earlier updates recently?
I updated to 19C_19.46.4-458817 on Feb 5 2020. No issues.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine updated OTA last week but didn’t notice what version. Will check it in the morning.
only issue I’ve noticed is the side mirrors no longer dip in reverse. The option is checked in the menus but they just tilt up slightly then back to normal.
Backup camera seems to function better, the camera has stayed on for 3/5 parallel parks since the update. Other 2 same old start backing up and after a second or 2 the camera closes out, 3 seconds later it comes back on.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had them look at my ICTP since there was no version number under the lower section in update. (Telematics unit) it’s just blank. I got my car back, everything is working well, still no version number under the telematics.

DP
I'm at 19B since sometime in Nov/Dec and it used to say what version my telematics was at, but it is now blank and has been for awhile. Same thing with the date that the ICTP was updated...it used to have the date that I updated via SOTA, but that too now only says "Updated: Not Available" Perhaps the ICTP isn't "remembering" this info and that is one of the reasons why 19C was halted?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts