Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our 20D reached 15.5k so I called and scheduled the 16k service. I was expecting a free oil change, but it appears the oil change interval has been changed to 20k (I am not leaving oil in anything for 20k miles). So, what do you get at the 16k service? A DEF top off, tire check, and a free car wash. For me, the 16k service was a waste of time.

I had already changed the oil myself at 7.5k. I changed it again myself when I got home from the 16k service. I buy my def at a local Pilot truck stop ($2.36 a gallon last I purchased). Fill up a five gallon container and keep all my diesel cars topped off with it when needed.

For those wanting to change their own oil:

- Filter part number: JDE37128. Local dealer or just go online and google it. Find the best price plus shipping and order a few. My local dealer wanted $28 so I ordered 4 from Reno Jaguar Land Rover for $17 each including shipping. Looking down at engine the filter is located top, left, front. Easy to remove and replace.

- Oil: I use either Pennzoil Platinum Euro L Synthetic 5W30 or Kendall Gt-1 Euro Synthetic 5W30. They are both dexos2 low Saps oil for European diesels with DPF. Walmart has the Pennzoil. Both of these are compatible to the recommended Castrol.

- Oil drain: I use the Mighty Vac mv7300. It sucks every drop out through the dipstick tube. Highly recommended. If there is a drain plug, it is obscured by the bottom engine cover, so a pump works best for me. If someone knows of or finds an easy access to a drain plug, please chime in.

- Capacity: 6.8qts or 6qts 25.6ozs.

- Next service reset: Turn on ignition, motor off. Pop the hood latch, open driver door, then step on the brake and throttle pedals for at least 10 seconds. This will reset Next Service for both the oil and def. Topping off the def also resets its next service.

We have not encountered any problems whatsoever in the 2.0Ds first 15k miles. No suspension squeaks, infotainment, def, dpf, or leather getting holes problems. The car might die tomorrow, but so far no problems at all.

The mpg has improved over these miles. At steady hwy speeds we achieve the following: at 70mph = 37-40mpg, at 65mph = 42-43mpg at 55mph this thing will kiss 50mpg. We have not done much in town stop and go. On my wife's commute to and from work (80 mile round trip) she maintains 37mpg from tank to tank.

Our resident troll won't understand any of the above, but I am sure his comments are forthcoming.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Our 20D reached 15.5k so I called and scheduled the 16k service. I was expecting a free oil change, but it appears the oil change interval has been changed to 20k (I am not leaving oil in anything for 20k miles). So, what do you get at the 16k service? A DEF top off, tire check, and a free car wash. For me, the 16k service was a waste of time.

I had already changed the oil myself at 7.5k. I changed it again myself when I got home from the 16k service. I buy my def at a local Pilot truck stop ($2.36 a gallon last I purchased). Fill up a five gallon container and keep all my diesel cars topped off with it when needed.

- Filter part number: JDE37128. Local dealer or just go online and google it. Find the best price plus shipping and order a few. My local dealer wanted $28 so I ordered 4 from Reno Jaguar Land Rover for $17 each including shipping. Looking down at engine the filter is located top, left, front. Easy to remove and replace.

- Oil: I use either Pennzoil Platinum Euro L Synthetic 5W30 or Kendall Gt-1 Euro Synthetic 5W30. They are both dexos2 low Saps oil for European diesels with DPF. Walmart has the Pennzoil. Both of these are compatible to the recommended Castrol.

- Oil drain: I use the Mighty Vac mv7300. It sucks every drop out through the dipstick tube. Highly recommended. If there is a drain plug, it is obscured by the bottom engine cover, so a pump works best for me. If someone knows of or finds an easy access to a drain plug, please chime in.

- Capacity: 6.8qts or 6qts 25.6ozs.

- Next service reset: Turn on ignition, motor off. Pop the hood latch, open driver door, then step on the brake and throttle pedals for at least 10 seconds. This will reset Next Service for both the oil and def. Topping of the def also resets its next service.

We have not encountered any problems whatsoever it the 2.0Ds first 15k miles. No suspension squeaks, infotainment, def, dpf, or leather getting holes problems. The car might die tomorrow, but so far no problems at all.

The mpg has improved over these miles. At steady hwy speeds we achieve the following: at 70mph = 37-40mpg, at 65mph = 42-43mpg at 55mph this thing will kiss 50mpg. We have not done much in town stop and go. On my wife's commute to and from work (80 mile round trip) she maintains 37mpg from tank to tank.

Our resident troll won't understand any of the above, but I am sure his comments are forthcoming.
Great info, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Didn't someone else post the 20d service interval as being 10K instead of the 16K? Maybe that's why they are saying 20K.....cuz that seems REALLY long for an initial oil change. :confused:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Our 20D reached 15.5k so I called and scheduled the 16k service. I was expecting a free oil change, but it appears the oil change interval has been changed to 20k (I am not leaving oil in anything for 20k miles). So, what do you get at the 16k service? A DEF top off, tire check, and a free car wash. For me, the 16k service was a waste of time. If this is true, I'll save them the time. Not worth wasting day for this....

I fill mine out of a pristine Wal mart container for 3.75 a gal. Contaminated DEF is the #1 cause of DEF related issues, so I'm not taking any chances with bulk containers....

- Oil: I use either Pennzoil Platinum Euro L Synthetic 5W30 or Kendall Gt-1 Euro Synthetic 5W30. They are both dexos2 low Saps oil for European diesels with DPF. Walmart has the Pennzoil. Both of these are compatible to the recommended Castrol. While these are both fine oils, they don't conform to the STJLR required Spec..... I know.... I know... it probably doesn't matter.... UNTIL.... ( Until I can find this on the open market, I'll pay whatever at the dealer and haul it home.. still way cheaper than taking it in.)

- Oil drain: I use the Mighty Vac mv7300. It sucks every drop out through the dipstick tube. Highly recommended. If there is a drain plug, it is obscured by the bottom engine cover, so a pump works best for me. If someone knows of or finds an easy access to a drain plug, please chime
I have one of these also and I agree, especially if its a big pain to find/access the plug....

Overall a good post with good information though, not to thrilled if first covered service really is 20K miles.. that's way to long for the 1st dealer visit...that could be 2 years the miles my wife drives....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I got the actual service schedule from my dealer with a visit to the svc dept a week ago or so and it does show the 1st Oil change svc for the 20 D at 20k miles... At 10K you get some inspections..( and you may have a list by then also...) but no actual Fluid or filter changes till 20K. Of course I'm not waiting that long, but 5/60 maintenance can't cost them that much if you just say it doesn't need it that much !! Synthetic oil can easily go 10 K (been proven by Blackstone evaluations countless times..) but 20K? Not so sure...

I think the free maintenance part has kinda been overblown.... you really don't get that much....:|

Reactions: MTGRL and TLockhart

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It's still one year OR 20K though right? I put a lot of miles on a car in a year, but not 20K, so I think I can deal with that.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
It's still one year OR 20K though right? I put a lot of miles on a car in a year, but not 20K, so I think I can deal with that.

It's 1 YR or 10k for 1st inspections and fluid checks or refills, but 2 yrs or 20K for any actual work to be done/changed /replaced.... a little deceptive to me. While "they" may have determined it can go that long, nobody who wants to keep the vehicle more than 5/60 would want to let it go that long. At least in my Opinion only.....

If you hit 20K in a year, then you are eligible, but you basically only get 3 changes free in your warranty/maintenance lifetime.....:|

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the schedule???

Does anyone know where I can go on the Jag website to view the recommended maintenance schedule for F-Pace Diesel 2.0?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts