Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my F-Pace back from our 12 month service, and had a very good experience! I have not had any of the issues that were common with the first 2017's (spring isolators, etc.), so this was our first visit to the service bay. Consequently, I made no special requests -- just was looking for the standard 12 month service.

Upon booking the appointment, I was offered a loaner car. I know this is expected at many/most dealers, but I had thought that my local dealer (Brown's Jaguar Midlothian - from whom I did NOT buy the car) didn't offer them. That turned out to be handy, as I got a call in the afternoon to let me know that the service wouldn't be finished on day 1. The loaner was a 2.5t XE - a pretty fun little car.

Why 2 days? It turns out they had a lot to do. In addition to the standard fluid changes and inspections, they did the following:

• K421 - Performed recall replaced rear spring isolators
  • K430 - Performed recall put seals on sunroof air deflector
  • K417 - Performed recall installed felt pad on each side of rear cross bar
  • K434 - Performed recall replaced ECM
  • K427 - Performed recall preactivated radio. (They said the XM hadn't been installed correctly. It worked perfectly for me all year, but whatever....)
  • K445 - Performed recall checked coolant levels
  • K440 - Performed recall inspected lower control arm
  • K452 - Performed recall tie rod track end

Total price for all of it: $0. I'm glad I didn't have to wait for symptoms to appear for the recall services to be performed. My car was nicely washed and everything is working beautifully upon pickup. And though I had some fun with the XE, the F-Pace feels so much more substantial. Nice to have my baby back!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Just got my F-Pace back from our 12 month service, and had a very good experience!

I have to admit , it is quite refreshing to hear a NICE REPORT !!! I'm glad all went well for you !!!
BTW , how many miles did you have ??? Just curious !!! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
12,200 miles. I took it in a couple of weeks before my 1 year mark.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear. Wonder why ECM was replaced? What is your build date if I may ask?
The service desk guy said something about it being related to settings for the check engine light, but otherwise I have no idea. Build date on my Vista printout was 4/15/2016.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just got my F-Pace back from our 12 month service, and had a very good experience! I have not had any of the issues that were common with the first 2017's (spring isolators, etc.), so this was our first visit to the service bay. Consequently, I made no special requests -- just was looking for the standard 12 month service.

Upon booking the appointment, I was offered a loaner car. I know this is expected at many/most dealers, but I had thought that my local dealer (Brown's Jaguar Midlothian - from whom I did NOT buy the car) didn't offer them. That turned out to be handy, as I got a call in the afternoon to let me know that the service wouldn't be finished on day 1. The loaner was a 2.5t XE - a pretty fun little car.

Why 2 days? It turns out they had a lot to do. In addition to the standard fluid changes and inspections, they did the following:

• K421 - Performed recall replaced rear spring isolators
  • K430 - Performed recall put seals on sunroof air deflector
  • K417 - Performed recall installed felt pad on each side of rear cross bar
  • K434 - Performed recall replaced ECM
  • K427 - Performed recall preactivated radio. (They said the XM hadn't been installed correctly. It worked perfectly for me all year, but whatever....)
  • K445 - Performed recall checked coolant levels
  • K440 - Performed recall inspected lower control arm
  • K452 - Performed recall tie rod track end

Total price for all of it: $0. I'm glad I didn't have to wait for symptoms to appear for the recall services to be performed. My car was nicely washed and everything is working beautifully upon pickup. And though I had some fun with the XE, the F-Pace feels so much more substantial. Nice to have my baby back!
Wow, so many recalls for MY17. I picked my MY17 last week, wondering if the dealer applied all recalls to her already during PDI or I need to wait 12 month for the 1st service. (In Canada, Not sure if Jag offering me a free 12 month service:confused:)

And, How to figure out my F-pace build date? what is Vista printout ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Glad you had a great service visit. I always have good service at my dealership and they are always friendly. Goes a long way

Mine is in the shop now for a particular issue, but they are doing all the updates as well including ICTP (finally - drove it all the way there yesterday with no audio and had my service advisor come out and witness it) and the pesky USB fix (mine sucks...USB won't charge or play consistently).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And, How to figure out my F-pace build date? what is Vista printout ?
Mine (and most of the first cars produced) was pre-ordered and custom built. Vista is Jaguar's ordering system -- I have a pdf that summarized the order, which includes a number of dates including the build date. If you did not pre-order yours, I'm not sure whether the same data would be available in Vista or any other system -- it's quite possible it is.

A little more context on all of the recall repairs: Jag started F-Pace production in March 2016 (I think??), so mine was among the earliest produced. Many of these issues were addressed in the manufacture during 2017, so cars produced later in 2017 would have fewer recall issues to deal with...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Have an appointment to get first service next week on week 51. Strange my car is telling me I'm 250 miles away from needing service even though I'm only at 7250 miles.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Have an appointment to get first service next week on week 51. Strange my car is telling me I'm 250 miles away from needing service even though I'm only at 7250 miles.
Maybe it's keeping track of time...it expects you to drive 250 miles in the next week or so?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe it's keeping track of time...it expects you to drive 250 miles in the next week or so?
That is interesting. I started getting those notifications when I had about 12,000 miles on it. Maybe it IS a time thing...

·
Registered
188 Posts
That would be rather odd to compute it that way.

I wonder if it takes into account how the car has been driven, or if it has a sensor to detect quality of oil?!!

I must admit ive been driving it fairly hard the last few months, lots of flooring it to merge/pass/just got faster.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That would be rather odd to compute it that way.

I wonder if it takes into account how the car has been driven, or if it has a sensor to detect quality of oil?!!

I must admit ive been driving it fairly hard the last few months, lots of flooring it to merge/pass/just got faster.
I know mine has ~1400 miles on it and the last time I checked distance to service it stated 9k miles. Most miles are very short city/stop/go traffic so much harder on engine. And haven't engine management systems been tracking duration/RPM analytics for some time to provide estimates on servicing? Pretty sure my C5 Corvette did this.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I know mine has ~1400 miles on it and the last time I checked distance to service it stated 9k miles. Most miles are very short city/stop/go traffic so much harder on engine. And haven't engine management systems been tracking duration/RPM analytics for some time to provide estimates on servicing? Pretty sure my C5 Corvette did this.
My Terrain and my husbands Silverado both keep track of oil quality as a percentage. That's what we go by rather than mileage or time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I believe they all use an algorithm for how the vehicle is driven, temps, duration of trip and so on to determine when the recommended oil change interval is. So basically everyone's interval will be different.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
What would it do if you were at 5800 miles and one year? Not remind you?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

My F-Pace has been counting down for a few weeks now. This afternoon it said get service in "0" miles. My appointment is next Friday. I'm at 11,600. It will be exactly one year in a week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
13,000 Miles, almost 12 months = SUMMARY

ODO just turned to 13,000 and I'm about to bring it in for my 12 month service...yes, I'm a little bit late but I've been traveling a lot for business. Here's my list of problems that have required service:

I've watched the FPForum since I took delivery last year and have read the posts (and replied to a few) where drivers list their myriad of concerns. I pre-ordered an FP Premium (black/black), took delivery smoothly and have enthusiastically enjoyed driving the vehicle ever since...haven't had any problems with rear isolators, don't have the problem-prone ICTP (just the standard system) and haven't experienced any problem whatsoever. Nothing but fun.

Does the car have some strange quirks? Absolutely. Can't figure out who decided to place the window controls so high up...can't explain why the clock loses 2-3 minutes every 2-3 weeks...struggled to find a place to put my EZ-Pass on the glass so it can be scanned...

But stop your whinin'! Enjoy the ride - have fun being separate from the crowd - and don't be reluctant to buy an F-Pace if you're still on the fence!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts