Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have had the FPace S for exactly one week and just finished a road trip of approx 1500 miles.

It is a Storm Gray S model loaded up incl ICTP and 20" wheels.

Positives:
1) MPG:
- Avg is 23.1mpg :D
- This includes much idling while playing with buttons.

2) Nav:
- Best in-car nav I have ever used. Much easier to use than the phone maps
- Much better than the X5.
- Much needed --> VR <-- This is by far my largest complaint

3) ICTP:
- Not sure why anyone would not get it. Very intuitave. Other than issue below - it is amazing in the car
- Stereo sounds great
- Downloaded the USB drive into the library - very easy to use and manipulate
- Created my own home screen and it defaults to that one

4) Power:
- Nothing you guys do not know already>:)

5) 3G/Connectivity:
- No issues using my Verizon phone as a hot spot
- No issues with the ATT sim card - sometimes it takes 20-30 second to initiate and have not noticed any drops
- Used approx 100MB for the week

6) Seats
- Uber commfy. I would put them on par with the BMW 20-way adj seats as far as comffy goes. No aches or pains - felt great after driving 3-4 hours at a time straight.

7) Issues:
- No issues except as mentioned below. All is working flawlessly so far.

Negatives:
1) Tire Pressure:
- The dealer did not set the pressure at delivery :mad: so I set to 36fr and 37rr aand it rides like a champ. thought I would miss the Rover's air suspension but this thing rides almost as commfy.

2) Nav sound:
- Lost nav guidance voice after it worked for 1 day. The dealer did some digging and had me change the voice language from US to UK and back to US. Did this and it has worked fine since.

3) All Sound:
- Have lost all sound twice (with screen fully operational). Turned car off and let it go completely to sleep (takes a few minutes). Turn it back on and works fine.

4) Clicking in drivers seat. Will have dealer fix

5) Door ding from some jackleg. Parked with noone next to me, came out with noone next to me but now a dent with white paint transfer. Will need to have a dent repaired now - I think it can be a paintless repair.

6) Gas:
- Filler fits funky into the nozzle but stays in while auto filling
- Back pressure causes it to stop pumping very easily on several brands. Have to hand pump (yes, 1st world issue). :mad:

Overall - love the car and would not hesitate to recommend it AT THIS POINT. Give it more time to see if it holds solid still. I am cautiously optimistic.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Envious of a "1500 mile" Road Trip !!! ;)
That sounds like FUN !!! :)

Reactions: Trek

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I enjoyed every bit of the drive. Well relaxed and rested when I arrived.

It was actually a 1200 mile road trip and I put on almost 300 miles around town before the trip to make sure it would be okay. That is the 1500 miles since I picked up the car last Thursday.

Things were not absolute perfect but no car ever will be perfect. After reading all the negatives and problems on this forum, I almost decided another route. However, right now, I am very pleased and this vehicle has exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
You need the 2.5 update to your ICTP. You shouldn't be having any problems with it.
I hope that since he's only had the car for a week that it was delivered with the 2.5 update.

Hayseed, glad you're liking it. One great thing about your trip is that you're much closer to wrapping up the break-in period. I've had the car for 10 days and am still 1900 miles away from finishing the break-in period. :(

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nice ownership experience summary.

I can't wait for a planned drive to Florida from Toronto in May in our FP. Glad to hear you found the seats comfy for longer hauls.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope that since he's only had the car for a week that it was delivered with the 2.5 update.

Hayseed, glad you're liking it. One great thing about your trip is that you're much closer to wrapping up the break-in period. I've had the car for 10 days and am still 1900 miles away from finishing the break-in period. :(
Yes, it was delivered with the latest update.

I asked about the break-in period and the dealer said it is not needed but just "mash" it around. Despite that being said, I am taking safe and doing the break-in.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 week/3100 mile update

Still loving the car. Go in for the ding repair on Wednesday.

One thing I found is that they left out the bolt that holds the driver's door grab handle. The dealer will install Wednesday as well. This is inexcusable but this is the worst thing I can complain about at this time.

I have lost sound one other time but it came right back on when I shut the car down and restarted.

Still be cautiously optimistic that squeeks and rattles will not pop up soon.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
3 week/3100 mile update

Still loving the car. Go in for the ding repair on Wednesday.

One thing I found is that they left out the bolt that holds the driver's door grab handle. The dealer will install Wednesday as well. This is inexcusable but this is the worst thing I can complain about at this time.

I have lost sound one other time but it came right back on when I shut the car down and restarted.

Still be cautiously optimistic that squeeks and rattles will not pop up soon.
I'm sorry, but what you just described is consistent with an F-Pace without the 2.5 update. Don't assume it was done or done correctly. You are experiencing exactly what we experienced prior to the 2.5.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It shows signs of having teh 2.5 already installed but that is one of the things they will look at Wednesday.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes, it was delivered with the latest update.

I asked about the break-in period and the dealer said it is not needed but just "mash" it around. Despite that being said, I am taking safe and doing the break-in.
I received my F-Pace last Monday. At the orientation, I asked about break-in period, and was told that there isn't one.

However, FROM THE FREAKING MANUAL:

The vehicle is built using high-precision manufacturing methods, but the moving parts of the engine must still break-in, relative to each other. The process occurs mainly in the first 2 000 miles (3 000 km) of operation.

During this breaking-in period of 2 000 miles (3 000 km), observe and follow the instructions below:

Do not fully press the accelerator pedal during starts and normal driving.

Avoid high engine speeds (rpm) until the engine has reached its full operating temperature.

Avoid laboring the engine by operating the engine in too high a gear at low speeds.

Gradually increase engine and road speeds.

Avoid continuous operation at high engine speed and abrupt stops.

Avoid frequent cold starts followed by short-distance driving.

Preferably take longer trips.

Do not participate in track days, sports driving schools, or any similar events.

Very impressed with my rig, was completely underwhelmed by the whole 3 month order and sales process.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I received my F-Pace last Monday. At the orientation, I asked about break-in period, and was told that there isn't one.

However, FROM THE FREAKING MANUAL:

The vehicle is built using high-precision manufacturing methods, but the moving parts of the engine must still break-in, relative to each other. The process occurs mainly in the first 2 000 miles (3 000 km) of operation.

During this breaking-in period of 2 000 miles (3 000 km), observe and follow the instructions below:

Do not fully press the accelerator pedal during starts and normal driving.

Avoid high engine speeds (rpm) until the engine has reached its full operating temperature.

Avoid laboring the engine by operating the engine in too high a gear at low speeds.

Gradually increase engine and road speeds.

Avoid continuous operation at high engine speed and abrupt stops.

Avoid frequent cold starts followed by short-distance driving.

Preferably take longer trips.

Do not participate in track days, sports driving schools, or any similar events.

Very impressed with my rig, was completely underwhelmed by the whole 3 month order and sales process.
Agree with everything you say AND especially the sales process.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer had car for 2.5 days (not totally their fault but due to snow storm, corporate guys were out).

Fixed dent and can barely notice where it was - I seem to be the only one but that is because I know where it was to begin.

The vehicle was up to date on all software issues prior to the visit. They did a reset on the system. It was slow on the first push of each button but after a few minutes of use - everything has been great. No issues. Also the Remote app is working much faster and at 100% now.

Renewed my love of this car.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Dealer had car for 2.5 days (not totally their fault but due to snow storm, corporate guys were out).

Fixed dent and can barely notice where it was - I seem to be the only one but that is because I know where it was to begin.

The vehicle was up to date on all software issues prior to the visit. They did a reset on the system. It was slow on the first push of each button but after a few minutes of use - everything has been great. No issues. Also the Remote app is working much faster and at 100% now.

Renewed my love of this car.
Curious; could you report back a time between loading Remote app and when it reports contact on the first try? Mine runs something like 1 min 10 sec. between app load and then reporting back "locked and alarmed" and I'm curious what you are seeing. This is with my phone on a wifi network with decent net speeds.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Curious; could you report back a time between loading Remote app and when it reports contact on the first try? Mine runs something like 1 min 10 sec. between app load and then reporting back "locked and alarmed" and I'm curious what you are seeing. This is with my phone on a wifi network with decent net speeds.
It was 45sec-4mins. Sometimes it would never update - just kept running.

Now it is consistently within 20-30 secs (sometimes faster). That is for update on location, weather, and lock status.
Remote start took maybe 20 seconds.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Thanks, that is a lot faster than mine. Will add that to small list for next time I send in in to the doctor's office.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To add, I hit the remote engine off - it took maybe 5-10 seconds before the car shutdown.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
On remote engine start I have found it takes a bit for the first engine start but then stop is fast and if I try a start again in same session it's very quick. It's almost as if something is waking up the first time then awake for the next try. Not sure if it's something in vehicle, hand-shaking/security protocol or something in the cloud.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts