1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Saw this the other day; they ended up concluding that the Jeep looked meaner, which I wholeheartedly disagree with. Granted, the Blue doesn't do the Jag any favors but a Black or dark Grey would look so menacing.

Jeep is way too boxy

·
Registered
259 Posts
nice comparison, and wholeheartedly agree on the exhaust vs exhaust Jag wins, but I would looooove to have that trackhawk’s supercharger whine, maybe not 24x7 but at least in dynamic mode.
I didn’t know it was that expensive too, $100k before options, for a Jeep. 💀

As far as aggressive looks I’d give it a tie. Wish the SVR had foglights, I think that would tip the scales.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Ta
nice comparison, and wholeheartedly agree on the exhaust vs exhaust Jag wins, but I would looooove to have that trackhawk’s supercharger whine, maybe not 24x7 but at least in dynamic mode.
I didn’t know it was that expensive too, $100k before options, for a Jeep. 💀

As far as aggressive looks I’d give it a tie. Wish the SVR had foglights, I think that would tip the scales.
That was in CAD, in US dollars I think it starts about 6/7k more expensive than the F-pace.

Couldn't justify going that high for a FCA product though.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Jeep, as tested was $99,000 USD.
The Jaguar, as tested was $77,000 USD.
Big win to the Brit.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I like watching the compares these guys do, but while I can agree that the Trackhawk is more "wild" and quicker and I can confirm that as I have driven one. The SVR is simply more refined. They never used that term in the review, but it's clearly a more refined and finished vehicle. As most of your know, I decided to buy the SVR over the Trackhawk when I compared due to the SVR being plenty fast enough and much better handling. When driving the Trackhawk I felt like I was always on the fringe driving through a corner. The SVR isn't a well suspended car when it comes to handling, but it's the best SUV by far, and much better in the corners than most normal GT cars.

In the end of the day the price being more for the Trackhawk by far pushed me easily to the Jag since the car was substantially cheaper and more refined and already had more power than you can use on normal roads.

P.S. I totally agree with Nixmo, I think Jag left some obvious options off the Jag simple to keep the price down. Heck my F-Pace S has fog lights, I was kind of puzzled why the SVR didn't have them. Although the Fog lights aren the S weren't anything that really worked well for seeing.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,238 Posts
The Jeep, as tested was $99,000 USD.
The Jaguar, as tested was $77,000 USD.
Big win to the Brit.
Are you sure about the $77k that might be wrong, the base price on a F-PACE SVR Is $80,600 USD. My guess would be more like $92k, that what my car priced our at.

DP

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Are you sure about the $77k that might be wrong, the base price on a F-PACE SVR Is $80,600 USD. My guess would be more like $92k, that what my car priced our at.

DP
I just quoted what they said in the video.
UPDATE: Checked the Jaguar Canada site and Base MSRP of SVR is $92,000 CAD.
Converted to USD =$69,428.
That seems to account for the difference you noticed.
Didn't look at equipment differences between the countries. That might explain it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
yea they were using a $$ Conversion Price on their video. And they listed two prices, base, as well as the price the cars reviewed were options. I think the total cost of the Trackhawk compared to the SVR was about $30k more optioned as shown.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK
From the video:
SVR Base price $92,000 CAD
As tested $102,095 CAD $77,000 US

Trackhawk Base price $113,745 CAD
As tested $131,840 CAD $99,000 US

1 - 10 of 10 Posts