Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jaguar F-Pace P400 R-Dynamic
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of members with a ‘21 have been complaining that the Auto Start/Stop function needs to be shut off in Pivi Pro each time you start the vehicle.

I can confirm that after a recent SOTA update that this is fixed. Both this and the Auto Hold function will now save as on or off so you don’t need to fiddle with them at each startup.

I was also at the dealer recently for the much discussed VSS update. I’m not sure if this fixed this issue or the SOTA update as both were done on the same day.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
It would be nice to know if this is a verified fix for the US market also. I personally can't believe it, but hope its true....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know a lot of members with a ‘21 have been complaining that the Auto Start/Stop function needs to be shut off in Pivi Pro each time you start the vehicle.

I can confirm that after a recent SOTA update that this is fixed. Both this and the Auto Hold function will now save as on or off so you don’t need to fiddle with them at each startup.

I was also at the dealer recently for the much discussed VSS update. I’m not sure if this fixed this issue or the SOTA update as both were done on the same day.
Must be the vss update that did it because I just installed the sota update and auto stop start still resets.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
VSS is purely a cyber security system for secure communications. Nothing to do with auto stop start.
I also doubt that the SOTA update would enable stop start to remain in the disabled mode after shutdown, as the EPA certification does not allow for this.
More than likely, the module controlling stop start has a problem and requires an update.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VSS is purely a cyber security system for secure communications. Nothing to do with auto stop start.
I also doubt that the SOTA update would enable stop start to remain in the disabled mode after shutdown, as the EPA certification does not allow for this.
More than likely, the module controlling stop start has a problem and requires an update.
So pure coincidence that after these updates I’m able to permanently disable auto start/stop whereas before I had to shut it off after each startup?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I would guess that in updating the VSS and applying the SOTA update, the gateway module which controls stop start somehow got corrupted and needs to be updated.
Prior to my last service, stop start stopped working for me. I thought it was a low battery voltage situation, but they determined the aforementioned gateway module was in need of an update and has worked perfectly since.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would guess that in updating the VSS and applying the SOTA update, the gateway module which controls stop start somehow got corrupted and needs to be updated.
Prior to my last service, stop start stopped working for me. I thought it was a low battery voltage situation, but they determined the aforementioned gateway module was in need of an update and has worked perfectly since.
I played around with it this morning to see what’s going on.

It’s not that the system saves the auto start/stop setting at shutdown. It’s that the default is now off instead of on. If you turn it on then it will be off when you restart the vehicle. Before the default was always on.

If it’s an electronics glitch then I’ll take it. Rarely does a glitch make your life better!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Got it. That’s what happened to mine when it suddenly stopped working.
I fixed mine because I’m not sure what else may not have been working properly.
One thing I did notice was the restarts are much less obtrusive then before and now I tend to leave it on, when previously I always shut it off after engine start.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Yes, I'm running PiviPro 2.1.0a and Auto Start Stop always defaults to on. If you want to click it off, you can do that but there is no option to save the setting then select. I'm not a happy camper since I got the update since it was originally remembering my selection on certain restarts. If the car sat long enough to completely reboot on the startup, I think it defaulted to on but for gas station stops and other short turnoffs it was remembering the last setting for a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts